Removable Sunroof? by DCRFiero1
Started on: 01-31-2008 03:40 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: The Fieromaster on 01-31-2008 06:05 PM
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Ok, I just bought my second fiero, a 87 GT. It as all the options that I wish my 85 had, sunroof, spoiler, and performance sound. But this question is about the sunroof. Are all factory sunroofs removable? And if so, how do I remove it? It looked like it cant be taken out, but then again, I havent looked at it to much, too cold to take it out anyway. Just to clarify when I say remove, I mean take out the glass and put it under the hood. Any Answers welcome. Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AP2k

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AP2kSend a Private Message to AP2kDirect Link to This Post
They are all removable. It took me a while to figure it out too...

Those two buttons on the sides of the latch. Open up the sunroof and push them in. Now push up on the sunroof and it should come out of the latch.
Now you get out of the car and pull the sunroof back and up until its out of its holes.

Open up your front boot and there should be some plastic mounts that the sunroof lays on. If there is a plastic wind deflector above the brake booster, put it in the holes where the sunroof came out of. If its not there, no sweat, its not that big a deal.
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Cool, thanks for the reply. Its my first car with a sunroof ever. I had no idea. I will be sure to try that out tomarrow.
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
Be careful putting it back in, if you do not have the front tabs in correctly you can bend them and give you a nice leak and wind noise from the front of the sunroof.
KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoDirect Link to This Post
i find the wind deflector is not necessary up to around 60-70 mph (i think) where there is a large volume of air trying to move in and out of the cabin (i had my windows down) causing a LOUD vibration. I mean seriously loud, not too loud to handle but a lot louder then you would expect.

I'm not sure what the noise was from...the seatbelt on the passenger side was vibrating a lot but i don't think that was it
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

Be careful putting it back in, if you do not have the front tabs in correctly you can bend them and give you a nice leak and wind noise from the front of the sunroof.

That is what my sunroof is doing now. I can see about an 1/8" gap between the glass and the gasket. Can the tabs be re-bent to close the gap up???
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
AND when you do take it out...
It will store in the front compartment. you should see two rubber ledges on the front part of teh trunk and a long strip with rubber on the back part of trunk.
Then slam the hood down and away you go!!

OH and put the little plastic piece in the two slots where the front of the SR came out !

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Cool, thanks for all the tips, much appreciated.
The Fieromaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
A sunroof is a pretty easy addition to put on any fiero... The roof section removes relatively easily. You then bolt in a roof section with a sunroof. No cutting required.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock