coolant hose rock solid by rcp builders
Started on: 01-30-2008 11:43 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: JazzMan on 01-30-2008 01:14 PM
rcp builders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersDirect Link to This Post
my set up 350 4 core radiator thermostat housing with cap 2 overflows one up front one in rear just replaced thermo. w/ a 160 now it doesnt overheat but it pressurises and starts filling rear overflow till it eventually starts leaking and the thermostat hose is rock hard when i shut engine down eventual it sucks the coolant back into the system from rear overflow. when i changed thermostat there was quite a bit of green calcium build up any ideas??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2008 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
One of the two caps needs to be a pressure release cap, otherwise thermal expansion of the coolant will start breaking parts. Calcium is white, the green is antifreeze, you probably have highly mineralized water where you're at so you should use distilled water from the store. Filtered water isn't the same as distilled water.

JazzMan
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock