Started on: 01-29-2008 09:25 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: NickD3.4 on 01-30-2008 12:01 AM
NickD3.4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
Any one know hot to remove I believe its called the air intake muffler. Its the metal tubing that runs under the air canister to the fender intake. I want to put in a West coast fiero cold air intake, but not sure how that comes out.
thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

Any one know hot to remove I believe its called the air intake muffler. Its the metal tubing that runs under the air canister to the fender intake. I want to put in a West coast fiero cold air intake, but not sure how that comes out.
thanks!

Ahhh, this should get somewhat interesting. If I was you I wouldn't put that Cold Air Intake on there because it isn't really a cold air intake, more of a Hot Air Intake Kit, if you will. The stock Intake system is a cold air intake, the only modification for this is Rodney's kit. Its cheaper and its actually cold air, plus you get that stucking sound you are going for. Company's make those "Cold Air Intakes" because they know young people will buy them, Don't fall into the trap. Here is the link to Rodneys Kit.

http://www.rodneydickman.com/retail_new.html

P.S.- I don't mean to be abrasive, I am just giving you the facts and trying to save you money and disappointment.

[This message has been edited by craigsfiero2007 (edited 01-29-2008).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
The WCF intake protrudes into the fender area. So it actually does get cold air. The Fiero Store one, on the other hand, sucks in hot air from the engine compartment.

Anyway...

The water separator box (aka intake muffler) is attached to a bracket behind the quarterpanel. If you move the wheel well liner out of the way, you can look behind the quarterpanel and see the mounting bracket. Removing the left rear wheel might make it a little easier.
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Rodneys mod is all you need and if youre not using a 4bbl carb/intake, hi-flo FI/intake, or some type of boost just keep it all stock since the stock intake manifold cant flow as must CFM as the stock air filter/air box anyway.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

DJCam

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJCamSend a Private Message to DJCamDirect Link to This Post
i know it sounds kind of cheap and back yard rig job but i did something simmiler to rodneys kit with dryer tubing. i took 3" dryer exhaust tubing and used that in place of the muffler. it slides in the stock grommit behind the intake grill and with a little effort around the air box. it works just like a good cold air intake and it only causts about 3 bucks at home depot and it adds a little pollished alluminum to the engine compartment.
chris
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
I realize most these intakes sucks hot air, I'm not naive. The reason I wanted the West Coast Fiero intake, is because it is a TRUE cold air intake, by going right behind the fender. Hence the reason I need to remove the water separator. So, unbolt the fender liner in the back and get to the bracket holding it in. Thanks!
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post

NickD3.4

3383 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by Francis T:

Rodneys mod is all you need and if youre not using a 4bbl carb/intake, hi-flo FI/intake, or some type of boost just keep it all stock since the stock intake manifold cant flow as must CFM as the stock air filter/air box anyway.

The intake has been modified. Bored throttle body and bored intake. All intake plenum's have been port matched.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
I looked at Rodney Dickmans intake. It's ok, but the old air filter, and air box is still in the car. It doesn't flow straight to the manifold.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock