Cold starting? by gem1138
Started on: 01-15-2008 09:29 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Dodgerunner on 01-15-2008 12:11 PM
gem1138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Direct Link to This Post
Yesterday I posted with starting problems on my 88GT. As was suggested, I checked my battery cables and found one loose. Having tightened that, my electrical power problem is gone but my cold starting problem persists.
It is interesting that when ambient temperatures are below freezing, it starts with little protest.
When the temperature is in the 40s and 50s I have problems. When and if it does start, the mixture seems very rich and the idle is rough until it warms.
The smell of gas could just be the result of cranking without starting for while though.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Get a code reading or flash to see if there are any codes.
You CTS might be bad. If it is open (high resistance) it tells the ecm that it's very cold. So it would start well when very cold but be rich in warmer weather.

You can get a loaner reader from a parts store or make/buy a simple cable for winaldl. Well worth it..
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Direct Link to This Post
It’s Dodgerunner to the rescue once again.
I found this link for a cable” http://www.aldlcable.com/
Does this hook to the connector behind the cigarette lighter?
If not, where? How many pins am I looking for?
This sounds like something I and maybe all of us really should have.
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Direct Link to This Post

gem1138

631 posts
Member since Aug 2007
Can I check my CTS (don¡¦t have a Cadillac though ƒº) directly with a meter? Where is it? What does CTS stand for? Is it the temperature sensor in the air cleaner?
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Yes you can check it out somewhat with an ohm meter. It just changes resistance with temp.
The fun part is getting to it. It sets above the water pump belt under the EGR solinoid so fun to get to.

Yes the plug is under the cig cover.
You can get the software here. http://winaldl.joby.se/
You can also make a cable if you want. I build the second one and has always worked with my laptop. If you port does not supply the voltage to drive it you need the first one.
http://winaldl.joby.se/aldlcable.htm

How to link. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-2-069730.html

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 01-15-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock