GT nose on Formula by falcon_ca
Started on: 01-13-2008 10:17 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: falcon_ca on 01-15-2008 05:13 PM
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Do someone have pictures of a GT nose installed on a Formula ? (side view)

This is a modification I would like to do because I prefere the GT nose, but I've never seen any and I wondering what will be the side look of the car with a GT nose without the aero side.

------------------
"So, let me get this straight, Your Honda has 1.6 liters, whereas my bottle of Pepsi has 2 ?"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
It would look the same as an SE or an 85 gt except the rear bumper would be different and it wouldnt have ground effects.
SCCAFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroDirect Link to This Post
Along the same lines of the original question.

Exactly what parts need to be taken from the GT to fit the Formula. Are the fenders and bumper structure the same?
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
The bumper cover, the gray structural piece (honeycomb), the airdam + center and side supports. The fenders and everything are the same on all cars except there slightly different on 84s i think.
falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mtownfiero:

It would look the same as an SE or an 85 gt except the rear bumper would be different and it wouldnt have ground effects.

I know, but do somebody have picturse of an SE or an 85 gt with a formula rear bumper bumper and without the ground effects ?

------------------
"So, let me get this straight, Your Honda has 1.6 liters, whereas my bottle of Pepsi has 2 ?"

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I don't have one but I have seen it and it doesn't look right to me. Maybe if you paint the lower part black to match the rest.
SCCAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mtownfiero:

The bumper cover, the gray structural piece (honeycomb), the airdam + center and side supports. The fenders and everything are the same on all cars except there slightly different on 84s i think.

Thank you. I am planning on doing this very soon.
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
I have this one I collected from somewhere at one point. I know this is a STRETCHED wheelbase car, but it should give you a good idea how the aero nose looks on a car without the ground effects...

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Do you think this one may be one of those ?

The description says "1988 Fiero SE 4 Cylinders".

But for me the nose is not original

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 01-15-2008).]

AP2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AP2kSend a Private Message to AP2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

I have this one I collected from somewhere at one point. I know this is a STRETCHED wheelbase car, but it should give you a good idea how the aero nose looks on a car without the ground effects...

I was thinking of going with an Aero nose as well for my 84. Now I know what it'll look like, save the stretched wheelbase.
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
falcon_ca

Regarding the white car above, there was not an "SE" model in 1988. The last SE model was sold during the1987 model year. This car is definitely one that's had parts added on/changed. Wait, I take that back- MAYBE the "Formula" model for '88 is listed as an SE, but I'm not sure on that.

-Gary

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 01-15-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
SCCAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroDirect Link to This Post
Along the same lines. Does anyone have a picture of a Fiero/Formula without the side plastic rocker moulding? Mine is coming loose and I have not decided if I should repair it or remove it totally. I am curious to see what is under there/how noticable it is without it. Less weight = more fun.
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
Oooh, I don't like the nose on that green one. I think the stock looks so much better. It doesn't match the rest of the car. I think the ground effects of the GT detracted from the look of the whole thing.

------------------
"A guy know's he's in love when he loses interest in his car for a few days." -Tim Allen

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierology:

Oooh, I don't like the nose on that green one. I think the stock looks so much better. It doesn't match the rest of the car. I think the ground effects of the GT detracted from the look of the whole thing.

That's true with a the green car, but with monochrome car it might look better. See the white 88

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock