Jacking point for the front wheels by Bobnoxious
Started on: 01-11-2008 09:26 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Bobnoxious on 01-12-2008 01:31 PM
Bobnoxious

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobnoxiousSend a Private Message to BobnoxiousDirect Link to This Post
I can figure out how to get the rear wheels off of the ground, but has anyone found a good and easy way to get the a wheel up to say, work on the brakes? With the coolant tubes it is important to be in the right spot. I wouldn't be against making some sort of a "jacking plate" or something to make the job easier (and safer). Anyone care to share any experiences? Thanks. Bob
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
Welcome!!

At the top of the (every) page is a link to Ogres cave, follow the link and check out the "Jack Safe" section

Rich
BIGG_SEXXY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BIGG_SEXXYClick Here to visit BIGG_SEXXY's HomePageSend a Private Message to BIGG_SEXXYDirect Link to This Post
Well It would be hard to explain, but tomorrow when theirs light out I will be sure to take pix and post em here...

ya dig?
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
In lu of a pic, if I want both off the ground I lift in the middle of the engine cradle right below the muffler.
If just one side I lift on the cradle where the swing arm connects to the cradle.
You can basically lift anywhere on the cradle as it is strong enough to lift the car. I stay off the body itself.

pswayne

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post
Put a jack under the control arm (84-87) or rear link bar (88).
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Sorry misread which end you wanted.

Ya the front you can lift on the cross memeber between the wheels to lift the complete front or under the control arms for each side.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 01-11-2008).]

falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
look a this from Ogre Cave

http://picasaweb.google.fr/...#5154422394548842562

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 01-11-2008).]

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
The plate directly in between the two coolant pipes is the front jacking point. Hope this helps.

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
I use the flat piece right infront of the cradle mount and it lifts both side tires off the ground. I have actually gotten both fronts and one rear off the ground doing this.

------------------
My sites
http://the-stickman.tripod.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheStickman

atjxl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for atjxlSend a Private Message to atjxlDirect Link to This Post
I just want to be sure about this because I really don't want to crush the coolant tubes. So please indulge the following questions.
Is the bracket (pointed to in the pix) running over those tubes an OK front jacking point? Will the bracket really handle the weight of the whole front end up?

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
I have been jacking at that point for the 14 years that I have owned the car. And for 10 years on my other Fiero.
PFF
System Bot
Gordo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

I have been jacking at that point for the 14 years that I have owned the car. And for 10 years on my other Fiero.

He is correct, this is where I jack my 88 front end. The 84-87's are different but you can still jack them from the center of the front cross member. A Fiero front end is pretty light weight.
Bobnoxious

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobnoxiousSend a Private Message to BobnoxiousDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all for the input. I am new to the Fiero crowd and have already found this forum to be a great asset. I have an '87 GT that I am using as a track day car. Ogre's cave is a great "place".

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock