Looking to have a TB rebuilt by Icelander
Started on: 01-09-2008 07:07 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: KurtAKX on 01-10-2008 07:14 PM
Icelander

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IcelanderSend a Private Message to IcelanderDirect Link to This Post
I'm picking up a spare throttle body for my '85 2M4.

I would like to send it out to be re-manufactured. (including re-bushing it)

Any suggestions for a reputable place?

Thanks!

Kendall

------------------
Kendall (Icelander) Whitlatch
'85 Fiero 2M4 - 5spd Isuzu
'67 LeMans/GTO clone 6.5 litre TH400
All the rest aren't Pontiacs, so what does it matter?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
I can't speak about rebushing but I have rebuilt one using new gaskets and o-rings from an Advance Auto kit. Costs about $34 and included all the gaskets and o-rings needed. Fixed me right up.
AP2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AP2kSend a Private Message to AP2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I can't speak about rebushing but I have rebuilt one using new gaskets and o-rings from an Advance Auto kit. Costs about $34 and included all the gaskets and o-rings needed. Fixed me right up.

I got a GP Sorenson from Autozone that I used to fix up my Holley. IIRC it cost me $15. It had the fuel meter gaskets, regulator diaphragm, injector O-rings and filter, and inlet/outlet nozzle gaskets.

The regulator diaphragm, nozzle gaskets, injector filter and O-rings fit the Holley. I dont recommend you open up the top because there are no gaskets that go on the fuel cover and you will need to Frankenstein a new one. If anything change the regulator diaphragm, especially if its been sitting without fuel in it for an extended period of time. It does get rusty and the spring loses tension.

What is this "rebushing"?
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AP2k:
What is this "rebushing"?

Rebushing is for when the TB wears out from being opened and closed a large number of times. The throttle shaft actually wears away the bushing surfaces, and ends up fitting loose, allowing vacuum leaks.

I am not currently aware of anyone performing this type of repair service on these lowly model 300 TBs. Perhaps a call in the yellow pages to a local carb shop could get you some better results.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock