Started on: 01-09-2008 05:33 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: JimmyS on 01-09-2008 09:38 PM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Ok I have a couple questions....
1) Where can I get new wingstand studs? I have been to the parts stores, Pontiac Dealership and a place called Fastenal and no one seems to know where to get these.
2) On the underside of the spoiler there are 3 metal mounting inserts in the holes on the spoiler. Mine is missing 1 of these metal inserts (circled in red). Where can I get them or does anyone know of a different option to fix this?

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
The originals are called molley nuts, or jack nuts, or molleyjack nuts, depending on who you ask. They are available from Ace or TrueValue hardware, but they generally have to be ordered, rather than found on the shelves. I believe they are 10/24 X 5/8". Doug Kinney at fierowarehouse.com should have some in stock.

You can also use the rubber jacketed brass insert mushroom nuts which can usually be found at your local auto paint supply house. Might check with them on the molley nuts too. They use the same system to mount some outside mirrors, but the size is off. Closest I've ever found the rubber mushroom nuts was 10/32 X 1/2", but they still worked, you will just have to get new screws to match. Could do a search on the net for "Hillman" which is who makes the molley nuts. Good luck!

HAGO!
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Im not sure if those are plastic,but they do have a simular replacement at Home Depo,in the area where the screws are, but may need to be trimed down a little.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info SAGE. + to you

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock