Started on: 01-04-2008 09:35 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: AP2k on 01-10-2008 05:26 PM
2.5fierose

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 136
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseDirect Link to This Post
i have an iron duke 4 cylinder in my fiero and i was wondering if anybody could give me a web site or something that sells performance parts for a fiero or if any one has some used parts or something thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nismokidd12

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nismokidd12Send a Private Message to nismokidd12Direct Link to This Post
from what i was told and have read. the duke isnt a good performance starter. it doesnt hold to performance upgrades very well and isnt worth the price. which is why i am upgrading to the v6 2.8 and doing some internal mods to it with 3.1 cranks and stuff.if you want power then get a different motor.

------------------

2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseDirect Link to This Post
i was just wondering if u could get a better cam or pistons?
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseDirect Link to This Post

2.5fierose

109 posts
Member since Dec 2007
from what i read on this reviews from 84 on the fiero they claimed you could buy a kit from the dealership and get them to push over 200 horsepower im not sure if it was true but if i t was i liked to get my hands on something liek that
Maclyn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaclynSend a Private Message to MaclynDirect Link to This Post
me too...erm...after I get my 2.5 running...lol if you find anything like that(non nitrous) let me know!
linuxpowered88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Direct Link to This Post
Yeah unless you go superduty block and parts (EXPENSIVE!!!) anything more than 120-130hp is prob going to blow that duke. Remember the duke was an economy motor not a performance motor.
The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
Go to this thread and read my posts. It will tell you what I did to my wifes Duke. I think it has about as much hp as a stock V-6. that is seat of the pants only at this point. Will try to get it on a dyno at some point this year. And it didn't cost alot. And you get a brand new engine, rather than putting a used engine in if you just swap in something.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086364.html

------------------
My sites
http://the-stickman.tripod.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheStickman

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Store offers a cam for them. Hooker used to offer a header (you can find them in the mall periodically), Holley offered an intake manifold and throttle body, small block chevy rockers fit, I've also read that small block chevy rods and pistons can be made to work. If you have a 85+ Duke the chevy S10 head bolts on and adds power. Mercruiser used Iron Dukes in their boat motors and had 2.7L and 3.0L stroker cranks but I don't know of any that were successful last buildup I saw with one ended in flames... literally. I think a couple members made them work. That "upgraded" motor from the dealer was the SD4, which are worth a few thousand dollars and are way different from an Iron Duke.
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2008 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
GO here http://ironduke7.tripod.com/index.htm
also go to [URL=https://www.fiero.nl/forum/forum2/HTML/074087.html]
the duke is my favorite fiero engine you can only do light duty modifications to it .the crank will not take high R P M, do modifications to improve M P G and also improve performance. the best mod to a duke is the S 10 head if you can adapt the S 10 ecm(good luck) you can get a substantial gain in horse power.High performance duke?? equals bad crank.. the junk yards have sent scores of 2.5 fiero,s to japan to make Toyotas,because of a bad bottom end.. the 88 fiero duke 5 speed runs pretty good & gets mpg like a honda civic .. the s 10 head needs different push rods can t remember the stock # .. the advantage of the duke is it is easy to work on and gets great M P G /// the address for the s 10 head will not work just search "better flowing GM heads for the 2.5"

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 01-05-2008).]

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Fiero Store offers a cam for them. Hooker used to offer a header (you can find them in the mall periodically), Holley offered an intake manifold and throttle body, small block chevy rockers fit, I've also read that small block chevy rods and pistons can be made to work. If you have a 85+ Duke the chevy S10 head bolts on and adds power. Mercruiser used Iron Dukes in their boat motors and had 2.7L and 3.0L stroker cranks but I don't know of any that were successful last buildup I saw with one ended in flames... literally. I think a couple members made them work. That "upgraded" motor from the dealer was the SD4, which are worth a few thousand dollars and are way different from an Iron Duke.

Actually It's big block Chevy rockers. Small block Chevy rockers are 1.5-1.6. The Duke is 1.75. Most BBC rockers are 1.7-1.72. What I did was put a big cam in it to make up for the drop in ratio. That way I still get the benefits of the roller rockers and cam even though I lost a bit in ratio.

------------------
My sites
http://the-stickman.tripod.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheStickman

NeoTristan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoTristanClick Here to visit NeoTristan's HomePageSend a Private Message to NeoTristanDirect Link to This Post
I just did a duke build with a larger bore, cam, upgraded pistons, etc. I don't know the gain I achieved by the numbers... yet. But I am very pleased with the results I have. Its not huge but still very fun. My car now easily breaks loose in second. do a search for back yard duke build... that is my thread. I bought most of my parts from www.fierostore.com and had a few custom things done at the machine shop.

------------------
Tristan
84 Fiero SE

PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't Whitney still offer a cam kit? They did a few years back, I have one in my garage. Not sure if they still do.
AP2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AP2kSend a Private Message to AP2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NeoTristan:

I just did a duke build with a larger bore, cam, upgraded pistons, etc. I don't know the gain I achieved by the numbers... yet. But I am very pleased with the results I have. Its not huge but still very fun. My car now easily breaks loose in second. do a search for back yard duke build... that is my thread. I bought most of my parts from www.fierostore.com and had a few custom things done at the machine shop.

Put an intake on that and I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised. The performance intakes really dont shine unless you have a cam to go with it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock