anybody know an engine dyno in MN/WI? by RichLo
Started on: 01-04-2008 03:39 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: RichLo on 01-08-2008 05:48 PM
RichLo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post
I just bought a new engine, now I need to get it on a dyno to break it in and get it tuned. does anybody know a good dyno near the Minneapolis/St. Paul area? thanks.

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
SBC dual stage Nitrous injected
built 5-speed getrag

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RichLo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post
anybody from around here?

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
418ci SBC dual stage Nitrous injected
built 5-speed getrag

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
You should probably break it in on the street under normal use... Follow standard break-in procedures. No high revs during the first few hundred miles and whatnot.. THEN put it on a Dyno and see what it will do.
Fiero Brick

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero BrickSend a Private Message to Fiero BrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

You should probably break it in on the street under normal use... Follow standard break-in procedures. No high revs during the first few hundred miles and whatnot.. THEN put it on a Dyno and see what it will do.

Breaking in an engine under controlled conditions on a brake dyno is the best way to do so if you can afford it. You can keep it in steady state when necessary or vary the RPMs, both at partial throttle or full throttle as you think best suits break-in.
RichLo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post
yea, and this motor I kind of want to break it in right the first time, you only get one chance to seat the rings. its all brand new except bowtie block and reman heads, all forged, all roller 418ci with a cam that dies off around 8500rpm.

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
418ci SBC dual stage Nitrous injected
built 5-speed getrag

[This message has been edited by RichLo (edited 01-05-2008).]

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RichLo:
I just bought a new engine, now I need to get it on a dyno to break it in and get it tuned. does anybody know a good dyno near the Minneapolis/St. Paul area? thanks.

This place isn't particularly "near" Minneapolis/St. Paul in my opinion, but it is in Wisconsin, which in turn is consistent with the title of your thread: "anybody know an engine dyno in MN/WI?"

Its name is "Extreme Performance Motorsports" and its website is accessible via this link: http://www.extreme-performance.net

Good luck with your project!

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Well I know for sure "Hi-Tech Motorsports" in Elk River has one. Talk to Bart 763-712-9088
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know a dyno in the Washington DC area?

-Michael

------------------
"A guy know's he's in love when he loses interest in his car for a few days." -Tim Allen

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Wheeler, IMO the only place to go to.

Specializing in BBC and SBC

Wheeler Dyno Service Inc
(763) 785-0700
10500 Nassau St NE Blaine, MN 55449-5206

Tina

RichLo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everybody, that one in Blaine looks to be the closest to me, I'll try them first but now I have a few options to go from. thanks again, +s given.

anybody race at Rock Falls Raceway or Brainerd? I should be out to both of them later on this summer, I wouldn't mind having a few other Fieros out there with me!

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
418ci 'Mini-Rat' motor
dual stage nitrous injected
built 5-speed getrag

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay