Started on: 11-14-2007 09:56 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: hurricanefloyd41 on 04-01-2008 11:31 PM
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
10 min video on replacing the Fiero Pillar-mounted rear speakers, my first repair video for FieroDomain.com

Not a very complicated job, but one worth doing correctly, too many people with busted speaker covers

I hope to make more vidoes soon, most likely sticking to simple, but commonly needed repairs.

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
Over 120 Fiero Links, Articles, Images, Diagnostics

"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PineyCreek

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
w00t! Thanks man, replacing my rear speakers and running wire to the rear is on my to do list. ^_^

------------------
1986 SE V6, stock, auto, fastback. GT Trim and Body panels.

swisscheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

too many people with busted speaker covers

That would be me. (stupid previous owner )

Thanks alot for the vid.
didn't know that the pillar cover is only "held" by one screw.

edit: and a + for you

While the cover is away, it would make sense to tint the rear window.

[This message has been edited by swisscheese (edited 11-15-2007).]

KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoDirect Link to This Post
this would have been very helpful when i replaced my rear speakers ... maybe it should also be mentioned that some speakers are to deep to fit in the stock location (since i had to buy 2 sets, the first set was a pair of Infinity(s) but had to settle with pioneer so they fit correctly)
PineyCreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the really shallow-depth plate speakers are pretty much the only ones that work.

------------------
1986 SE V6, stock, auto, fastback. GT Trim and Body panels.

tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post
good vid!!! i was just wondering how to change those

thanks
=todd=

[This message has been edited by tmur115 (edited 11-15-2007).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Neet song
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Glad everyone likes it thus far

Good point on the speaker depths, next time I have it apart I should try and get some specific measurements to help owners base their purchase on, assuming they want to keep the stock mounting system.

I had a set of Infinity speakers to install, but with their offset speakers the magnet was hitting the metal, I ended up mounting them in the front.

The song I'm playing in the end is from the Kill Bill Soundtrack - Battle Without Honor or Humanity
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Very good video! Excellent for newbies!

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

I'm working on one now on how to repair the display in a late model stereo like I had in the end of the Vid, should have it up before too long. I get regular hits on my site for people searching for bulbs for the unit, installing an alternative bulb costs less than a dollar.
88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaDirect Link to This Post
cool vid, i was one of the re-terds that busted my grills.... super glue fixed that tho... poo, anyway i also used Xplods,... which did not fit.. but i made them.. not a fan of pioneer speakers..
PFF
System Bot
88FieroForm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post
So since some speakers are do deep to fit in our cars, lets get a list of speakers going to people have already used to save the rest of us the headache of getting ones that don't fit
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
The speakers i used for the video were clarions. Besides depth you also have to watch for offset speakers that hit the cutout.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Your seat belt bolts come out with that tiny little allen-wrench-like torx driver? Mine need a 2 ft cheater bar. Maybe it's just mine...

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

The speakers i used for the video were clarions. Besides depth you also have to watch for offset speakers that hit the cutout.

Nice write-up and hope your enjoying those speakers

Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Im enjoying them alright Much better than my old ones , thanks again
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
What video editing software and equipment did you use?
The ROK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The ROKSend a Private Message to The ROKDirect Link to This Post
How bout the fronts? I've already broken on clamp on my front passenger side
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
I used windows movie maker for editing the video. Its a pita, but it does work. The front speaker covers aren`t hard to remove, but the plastic is all brittle. I use a small screwdriver and carfully work it up along the edges to avoid cracking the dash or cover.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Fronts are easy beans, use a screwdriver to genty pry up on the edge of the grille, work your way around, they are held in by four pegs pushed into for holes, then unscrew 4 screws and they are out.
hurricanefloyd41

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hurricanefloyd41Send a Private Message to hurricanefloyd41Direct Link to This Post
Awesome video I just wish I had seen it earlier before I realized that the grills didn't pop off like the fronts
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock