Started on: 11-03-2007 07:26 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: daniel87fierogt on 08-03-2008 09:29 PM
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
So Im ready to start on my 3800 sc series II fuel lines.I have the fittings and fuel hose.I know how to attach the fittings either down by the fuel filter or under the battery wear the old fuel lines are (which connection should I use,at the fuel filter or the connections under the battery?).My next question is on top of the 3800 motor,how did you attach the fuel fittings,considering there are onley 2 plastic fuel tubes,how do they attach.Pics would be helpfull.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
3.8 SC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
If you really want to have a nice set of fuel lines, try this - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/062097.html
I also make them.

Don Z.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I run rubber line right next to the belt, behind my alternator, right on top of the fuel filter. I just put a little bubble flare in the stock lines slide the rubber over, and toss on 2 FI hose clamps per line. Has worked fine in 3 swaps so far, not one problem.

------------------
Losing site of our roots in the cathode rays.

Ultimate 3800 swap thread

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2007 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
Here is a view to what I did with my fuel line connection to the fuel rail. BTW these are just the stock lines I cut, bent, polished and modified.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/.html

I will dig up the details on the lines to the filter and return line to the gas tank.
------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

[This message has been edited by ohio86se (edited 11-04-2007).]

Hurricane

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2007 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HurricaneSend a Private Message to HurricaneDirect Link to This Post
summit racing and jegs sell the quick connect fittings that hook right up to your stock fuel rail

Bubbajuju

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BubbajujuSend a Private Message to BubbajujuDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hurricane:

summit racing and jegs sell the quick connect fittings that hook right up to your stock fuel rail

Hurricane, (or anyone else who has these fittings) do you have part #'s for these fittings?
I'm searching summit but I'm not finding them.
Thanks
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
I have the same lines that 3.8SC posted at the top of the thread. The lines go around the supercharger and not over. I am running the Stage 2 ZZP fullsize intercooler and the lines clear just fine. Heres the pics i have so far

------------------

Bubbajuju

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BubbajujuSend a Private Message to BubbajujuDirect Link to This Post
HOLY COW!
daniel87fierogt,
You win.
My gosh that's the motor I want to start slowly building up over the next 5 years.
Wow.
Look at that massive throttle body!
What is that a 2.5 inch pulley? Now I get to see what machining the nose looks like.
Look at that intake! Look at everything!
Do you have a write up somewhere of the mods on that motor?
What a project. Outstanding.
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Bubbajuju- Thanks for the complements, its nice to see someone notice the detail work when theres been so much painstaking work and cleaning, and painting done. The motor is alot bigger now but i dont have any pics of it currently. It has the alternator, pacesetter headers and all the billet supercharger idlers on it now also. We are getting ready to bolt the getrag up to it and put it on the cradle. We are prepping the cradle and the transmission for paint in the next few days. That pulley that is on in the pics is a 3.0 inch and i have 2.8 and a 2.55 inch pulley also for it. Thats a northstar throttlebody and the inlet and outlet are ported out on the supercharger. I have a build thread titled "heavily modded 3800SC 87 GT build" I will go and bump it so you can see the entire build thread. Thanks

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock