Started on: 10-12-2007 11:09 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: Russ544 on 09-05-2008 10:41 AM
Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post

As you can see I finally got the valve covers I like to work for me.
"Ya, didn't you know about the Chevrolet Fiero"? It was a joint venture between Chevy and Pontiac". I thiink Chevy told Pontiac the only way they could have the engine for the Fiero was if Chevy got credit on the valve cover.....

Russ544

PS:
Thanks bmwguru. the pump system requires a bit of fabricating, but I personally think it was well worth it, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. very trouble free
IP: Logged
Russ544

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post
I've only put 30 or 40 miles on the revised motor now. The cam is getting broke in but the new Spec clutch should have lots more miles before I really stand on it hard. all and all I'm pretty happy with the results. it does seem to have a much better torque curve with this cam (XE 272 from Comp Cams) than the old Edelbrock. I still say this is my favorite Fiero of the 12 or so I've owned. there's just nothing like a good ol american V-8 for this old timer
My old digi cam is rather out of date for vids, but here's a short clip anyway.

Cheers,
Russ

[This message has been edited by Russ544 (edited 09-04-2008).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Very, Very nice Russ. I was second guessing my desire to build a V8 Fiero until I read this thread. There is a Chop top notchie here in El Paso that I think I could get for 7 or 800.00 - needs some work as it sits but I think it would be a perfect candidate for a V-8. If a guy wanted to do the water pump setup as you have, would you be interested in doing the machine work on the damper? I think I could manage everything else except the machine work. Thanks for sharing your project.

Pat
Russ544

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Very, Very nice Russ. I was second guessing my desire to build a V8 Fiero until I read this thread. There is a Chop top notchie here in El Paso that I think I could get for 7 or 800.00 - needs some work as it sits but I think it would be a perfect candidate for a V-8. If a guy wanted to do the water pump setup as you have, would you be interested in doing the machine work on the damper? I think I could manage everything else except the machine work. Thanks for sharing your project.

Pat

With winter coming up, and my free time more available.... ya I could help you out on that I guess. I'd recomend starting with a Cavalier damper however, as they just need to have the snout shortened I think.

Thanks,
Russ
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock