Started on: 09-05-2007 10:52 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: James Bond 007 on 07-20-2008 03:26 PM
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i got a made in USA Walbro from FullThrottlespeed.com
as reccomended by Darth,
$99 plus $7 shipping, includes tank gasket, rubber tank ring seal, harness , sock, hose and clamps
its for a Buick, but it should all work good (so im told)
but the walbro is stamped made in USA
now,.. ive swapped tanks on a fiero before but ive never done a FP, just the assembly swap to a differant tank
how is the fuel return line adapted to the walbro?
i put a walbro in my GTP years back and i think it is tha same pump, but there was a brass nipple fitting to go into the pump for the return line
is the fiero setup the same?
i have the hole in the pump right next to the outlet
am i missing anything?
i would just hate to get it all apart and need somthing or have somthing wrong or missing

should i use the rubber hose instead of that other thing that is in the fieros assembly?
ive read thru some writeups but i dont see anything specific about the fuel return line for the fiero assembly
any help is appreaciated and will be rewarded with the all mighty + is possible

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
megafreakindeth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for megafreakindethSend a Private Message to megafreakindethDirect Link to This Post
that looks the same as mine, i put one in an 88gt. i just dropped the tank, real easy, and used a screwdriver and a hammer to tap off the cap to the fuel tank(standard procedure really). there i removed the assembly and its super simple, no slosh guard, popped out the pump and shoved the new one in, didn tuse the harness adapter or any of the lines they provided, i did use the new sock as mine was black.

rusn good but is loud as hell, and by loud as hell i mean really really annoying, i have no stereo and it sounds like i have a power whine constantly.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
I had a walbo in my DOHC and the whine from it was really noticable. Hit the gas though and the engine noise drowned it out

I think the Fiero's return line just dumps back into the tank, it does not go to the pump.
------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 09-06-2007).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

I had a walbo in my DOHC and the whine from it was really noticable. Hit the gas though and the engine noise drowned it out

I think the Fiero's return line just dumps back into the tank, it does not go to the pump.

When you installed the pump, did you put the rubber sleeve over the pump to help quiet it down? The Walbro High flow/high pressure pumps spin faster than the GM pumps do and hence they can make more noise. However, with the rubber sleeve on it , in a full tank of gas it shouldn't be that bad. You are correct that the only connection to the pump is the outout line, the return tube is built into the fuel pump/sender assembly.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
thanks guys, wish me luck on a smooth install
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Ditch those gear clamps and get some real fuel injection clamps.
arte444

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
Definitely DO NOT use the old fuel line, use the new fuel line and cut it to length if you need to.
I re-used mine and was wondering why I was getting crappy fuel pressure to my fuel rail (12-15psi out of 40-42psi) Seems that the short fuel line between the pump and the steel lines exploded.

I have all new fuel lines after the pump and i'm glad I do since any of that old rubber could have also exploded with the 255lph walboro pump.

Also, my pump is pretty damn loud with or without a full tank of gasoline, but my exhaust is still louder =)

[This message has been edited by arte444 (edited 09-07-2007).]

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
ill replace the fuel line, is it 5/16" ?

how many ft?

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 09-07-2007).]

arte444

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
I'm talking about the 3/8" line from the pump to the pressure line. Its about 2-3 inches long and I can see it in your picture =) Use the one that came with your fuel pump kit and throw the old one away.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
that line you are speaking of, is that the same one that busted on you? if it is, is it in hte tank? or can i access it without dropping my tank?

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp to the wheels

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

americasfuture2k

7131 posts
Member since Jan 2006
oops, double post.

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 07-20-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Just remember that some fuel pump manufacturers revers wire their fuel pump.For example,the stock fiero pump would be small prong hot+ and the big prong ground--.On an after market fuel pump it might be,big prong hot+ and the small prong ground--.Be sure ro read the instructions.Use a small piece of high pressure fuel line for your pulsater valve.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 07-20-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock