Started on: 06-24-2007 09:16 PM
Replies: 70
Last post by: darkhorizon on 03-21-2008 01:01 AM
lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
Ive been using the Turbo 3800 Fuel pump from a 88 TransAm. Is there one thats better ?

------------------
Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6 Intercooled
Best ET: 12.20@ 114.90 mph (street tires)
11.74@115 mph (drag radials)

"NO Juice....Just BOOST!"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tampalinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincDirect Link to This Post
My 89 Turbo Trans Am pump took a dump a while back.
I upgraded to the Walbro 340M
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I have been using the Vette pump for about 2 years now with no issues. It has been tested and rated for up to about 325 HP. Of course someone will come in the thread and say that its not made for a SC engine and blah, blah, blah but this is what I went with. The Walbro is a good chioce also and I will probally go with it for my LS4 install.
lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
is that the one that ZZP sells? If so do I need the adaptot kit they sell? Sounds like its only for a GrandPrix setup correct?
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lildevil:

is that the one that ZZP sells? If so do I need the adaptot kit they sell? Sounds like its only for a GrandPrix setup correct?

Got to Ebay and you can find them for the Fiero that are direct drop in pumps. You can search on there for the part number also, there are several Threads out there that list them.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
The walbro pumps are a direct replacement for the 87-88 fiero connector. Earlier years need the adapter. I've bought 3 walbro pumps from www.apeusa.com so far, they've been good as far as performance goes.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I liked the "high pressure" one they have, the "regular" looks a bit weak, considering that the 3800 regulator wants 62+psi all the time. But on paper you shouldnt hae any problems with even the 190 pump.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I was/am using the Walbro 255l/hr pump.

Bob
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
no, the grand prix only deal is just a stupid adapter (that doesnt work), so you can use a universal GM pre 96 fuel pump. The 3800 only adapter is just somthing to adapt the pump to fit into the fuel canisters.
multmigs

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for multmigsSend a Private Message to multmigsDirect Link to This Post
here's what I just bought for the same thing....

multmigs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for multmigsSend a Private Message to multmigsDirect Link to This Post

multmigs

174 posts
Member since Oct 2006

PFF
System Bot
multmigs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for multmigsSend a Private Message to multmigsDirect Link to This Post

multmigs

174 posts
Member since Oct 2006
Here's where I got it, note the application listed.. very quick to ship also...

http://treperformance.com/F...5FuelPumps.html#340C

LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Direct Link to This Post
Get a Walbro 340M

I think this is about the cheapest place to get them. http://www.racetronix.com/

I ordered one for a GN with the GN fuel pump hotwire kit and adapted the hotwire to the Fiero. The connectors all plug in, I just cut the main power wire to length and hooked it up to the Alternator.
black88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black88fieroSend a Private Message to black88fieroDirect Link to This Post
Lfiero67 did you order the g75 or g77 pump kit from ractronicx>?

------------------
Parts for your FWD GM 97+
Morad Parts Company
Moradpartscompany.com

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
My 3.4L turbo install uses an AC-Delco EP376 Vette fuel pump and there are no problems running 8-9 psi of boost to 5600 RPM. While this pump has the shown ability to support 325 HP I am still going with the Walbro 255 GPH high pressure fuel pump on my 3800SC swap.. On boosted applications it's always safer having the capability to deliver more fuel than less and if we get into some heavy mods later on, we won't have to change fuel pumps again. If you pump more fuel than the engine needs it just goes back to the tank so I can't see any negatives except for a bit more noise that the Walbro puts out.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
L67 Fiero which one did you use? The G75 or G77? DO you have to use the HotIwre kit? I can jus hook it up normal correct?

------------------

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Those racetronix pumps are way overkill for our lowly 3800's, I would think that even a walbro 190 would work very well for us most the time. If I remember right, racetronix pumps are close to $200 if not more. I would suggest a TRE knockoff pump, or any other walbro 255, as they work just fine for 9 second 3800's running well over 700 crank HP.
LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Direct Link to This Post
You would need to order the G75 kit for Black,pink,tan wiring, same as Fiero wiring.

The hotwire kit is very easy to install, and ensures full voltage goes to the pump. You don't have to use it but I would recommend it. It plugs in where the factory wiring connects to the tank wiring on the firewall. Hang the fuel pump relay near it, and run 1 wire to the back of the alternator.

They are $140 for the walbro 255 high pressure pump, install hardware and hotwire kit, I don't think you'll find them much cheaper.

And there is no way a 255 High pressure pump is overkill for a "lowly 3800". I would rather have lots of fuel available, and a pump designed for 60+ psi, than just enough fuel, and risk chipping pistons.

------------------
11.806 @115.07
Best 60' 1.569 seconds
3800 S/C 4T65E

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LFiero67:

You would need to order the G75 kit for Black,pink,tan wiring, same as Fiero wiring.

The hotwire kit is very easy to install, and ensures full voltage goes to the pump. You don't have to use it but I would recommend it. It plugs in where the factory wiring connects to the tank wiring on the firewall. Hang the fuel pump relay near it, and run 1 wire to the back of the alternator.

They are $140 for the walbro 255 high pressure pump, install hardware and hotwire kit, I don't think you'll find them much cheaper.

And there is no way a 255 High pressure pump is overkill for a "lowly 3800". I would rather have lots of fuel available, and a pump designed for 60+ psi, than just enough fuel, and risk chipping pistons.

The racetronix pumps are designed for cars currently running 2 walbro 255's and lets them replace the dual pumps with a single 340 gph. I was refering to the racetronix ones when I said lowly.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2007 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

I have been using the Vette pump for about 2 years now with no issues. It has been tested and rated for up to about 325 HP. Of course someone will come in the thread and say that its not made for a SC engine and blah, blah, blah but this is what I went with. The Walbro is a good chioce also and I will probally go with it for my LS4 install.

We used the Holley Corvette pump for 7 years and over 80,000 miles up to 240 rwhp. Not earthshattering performance, but the engine was unmodofied, including pulley. Extremely reliable, although wideband dyno showed some leaning out at high rpm.

------------------
Pleased to meet you, I hope you've guessed my name.

PFF
System Bot
LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Direct Link to This Post
The link I gave was for a Walbro 255 high pressure pump (GSS340M), from racetronix, it is not a replacement for dual 255s. The GSS340M pump is a 255 LPH (Liter per hour) pump, and the GN guys do run 2 of them. I don't see a pump anywhere on racetronix web site that claims to be a replacement for dual 255s that flows 340 GPH.

340 GPH would be about 1287 liters per hour, I have not seen an in tank pump anywhere near that.

You can buy the pump for $99 but you still have 20 year old small gauge wiring supplying power to it, you won't get optimum voltage to the pump through it. I would spend the $40 and get the hot wire kit as well. It comes with a relay, wiring, weather pack connectors, all pre-built. You need to shorten the Main power wire for the Fiero, and that is about it.

If you read the information at the bottom of racetronix page, it states that Walbro has stopped producing the 255lph (GSS340M) pump back in 2004. The replacement 255lph pump from walbro has a smaller inlet. Racetronix machines the pumps in house to the old 340 specs.

The install kits that come from some other suppliers do not come with everything that the Racetronix kits do. Like the sound dampning sleeve, test wire, in tank wiring harness. For the money you get alot more from racetronix than other suppliers. Some suppliers may have everything, some won't.

I went throught this 4 years ago, I searched around and found Racetronix to be the best bang for the buck.

------------------
11.806 @115.07
Best 60' 1.569 seconds
3800 S/C 4T65E

ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyDirect Link to This Post
what are your injectors rated for?

correct me if I'm wrong but, if you buy a pump that's overkill and you have smaller injectors it's wasted money right?.. weather you want to have the fuel there or not.. you still need the injectors to feed it.

you're clearly modded if you're running 11's.. so I'd assume you have at least 45lb injectors..

------------------

87GT
Massachusetts
ignorantprodigy@aol.com

LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Direct Link to This Post
Your injectors are only as good as your fuel pressure. Having more than enough pump ensures you have adaquite fuel pressure to keep your engine from going lean. There is no closed loop fueling correction at wide open throttle. The injectors open for the time the PCM commands, if your fuel pressure drops off, you get less fuel and run leaner, more chance of chipping a piston.

The fuel pumps cost the same amount of money, so why buy less pump, and have less headroom for futher modifications. Earl is also running 11's (and a tenth faster than me) so I don't think a 255lph pump is in any way a waste of money.

------------------
11.806 @115.07
Best 60' 1.569 seconds
3800 S/C 4T65E

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LFiero67:

The link I gave was for a Walbro 255 high pressure pump (GSS340M), from racetronix, it is not a replacement for dual 255s. The GSS340M pump is a 255 LPH (Liter per hour) pump, and the GN guys do run 2 of them. I don't see a pump anywhere on racetronix web site that claims to be a replacement for dual 255s that flows 340 GPH.

340 GPH would be about 1287 liters per hour, I have not seen an in tank pump anywhere near that.

You can buy the pump for $99 but you still have 20 year old small gauge wiring supplying power to it, you won't get optimum voltage to the pump through it. I would spend the $40 and get the hot wire kit as well. It comes with a relay, wiring, weather pack connectors, all pre-built. You need to shorten the Main power wire for the Fiero, and that is about it.

If you read the information at the bottom of racetronix page, it states that Walbro has stopped producing the 255lph (GSS340M) pump back in 2004. The replacement 255lph pump from walbro has a smaller inlet. Racetronix machines the pumps in house to the old 340 specs.

The install kits that come from some other suppliers do not come with everything that the Racetronix kits do. Like the sound dampning sleeve, test wire, in tank wiring harness. For the money you get alot more from racetronix than other suppliers. Some suppliers may have everything, some won't.

I went throught this 4 years ago, I searched around and found Racetronix to be the best bang for the buck.

O sorry, I missunderstood it, as they make somthing for the GTP's thats 300 some dollars, I think its just their special fuel can pump though, sorry for that.
LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

O sorry, I missunderstood it, as they make somthing for the GTP's thats 300 some dollars, I think its just their special fuel can pump though, sorry for that.

No Big deal, Just wanted to make sure the right info got out there so Earl could make a informed decisionl.
lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
ok...does anyone know the flow rate for the 89 Turbo TransAm pump? Cause I can get one from work for 75 bucks. Is there something wrong with using this pump? its not underpowered is it? Jus curious since i've been using it for 4 years and no problems.
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lildevil:

ok...does anyone know the flow rate for the 89 Turbo TransAm pump? Cause I can get one from work for 75 bucks. Is there something wrong with using this pump? its not underpowered is it? Jus curious since i've been using it for 4 years and no problems.

I was curious if you were having any issues with the pump. I believe I have the same pump. Never had an issue yet.

Hurricane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HurricaneSend a Private Message to HurricaneDirect Link to This Post
this topic has been gone over to death. heres the most recent thread on it where i posted this info on the turbo t/a fuel pump
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/081196.html

part # PSI GPH volts
EP261 50 38 12

my opinion is use the turbo t/a pump or the walbro unit. seems obvious as the t/a pump goes right in and was used in a boosted 3800. i opted to pass on the walbro because of the noise complaints and the price, id rather go with a delco unit

lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
Ski,

the pump has worked flawlessly for 4 years its been in the car. Jus two weeks ago on the way back from Carlisle the car decided it wanted to stall. It would refire after sitting for 5 mins but I would drive 2 miles and it would stall again. I towed the car back home and can't get the problem too repeat again to figure out what was causing it. So i am replacing everything i think it could be. ICM, coils, fuel pump and fuel filter and looking over the wires and stuff.

Anyways...I ordered a Trans Am Turbo Fuel pump from GM...Anyone want to buy it? Its unopened in the box.

------------------

multmigs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for multmigsSend a Private Message to multmigsDirect Link to This Post
I just went to put this back together and in the car and thought, "there must be a gasket for this FP to sit on the metal tank and seal correctly?" But I can't find any in my parts boxes, and looking at the above picture of the replacement I bought a few months ago there is nothing in that? I looked online at AUtozone.com etc and they don't list anything like that. SO am I smokin crack here or is there something I'm missing? I'm thinking I need like a 3" diameter rubber o ring type deal? Anyone have an extra laying around or can you find it online for me? this can't just go on metal to metal right?

BUELER???
PFF
System Bot
L.I. Fieros

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L.I. FierosSend a Private Message to L.I. FierosDirect Link to This Post
My experiences so far with two cars.... (hopefully this helps someone)

Car 1:
Mods:
VS CAM
SS Intercooler
3.25 Pulley
Open intake/exhaust
Colder Plugs & T-Stat
ZZP 1.0 PCM - On the way as I write this (needed to reach full potential of CAM in my opinion).

Vette fuel pump - Pressure is 55psi at idle, but dropped from 55psi to 48psi under WOT and motor flattened out and sputtered above 4000rpm. Any blip in the throttle resulted in a decrease in the fuel pressure while idling or driving the car. I know some have had very good success with this pump, which is what I was hoping for, but it's not working for me. The pump is whisper quiet though and worked great with the 2.8 for 10K+ miles. I'm replacing it with a Walbro unit and will report back. The car isn't quiet and is my fun/track car so noise shouldn't be a problem.

Car 2:
Mods:
3.4 Pulley
Colder Plugs & T-Stat

Holley High Pressure Pump (same specs as Walbro, but more money for Holley name) - Pressure sits at 43psi at idle and will increase quickly up to 55 psi under acceleration (and if throttle is blipped at idle). Motor pulls hard all the way to 6K rpm and fuel pressure is rock steady at 56psi under WOT. Car also gets 32-34mpg on the highway. That's not relevant to the fuel pump, but I threw it in there anyway. The Holley pump is not exactly quiet, but is not terrible either. Most times other sounds are louder and it seems quieter with more gas in the tank. This could be wishful thinking though. Honestly, you don't notice it while driving or cruising, only when idling at a quiet location.

[This message has been edited by L.I. Fieros (edited 08-21-2007).]

lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
YES there is a rubber gasket on the tank opening. Was there one there when you took it out? what is its condition?
Might beable to get a generic one from Autozone or PEPBoys.

I replaced my pump with the walbro pump and wired it directly to the alternator with the rewire kit. Been driving it for 3 weeks now with no problems. Car feels like it pulls harder in the upper ranges and my wide band is stuck at 12 with 20 degrees of timing and 2.8 pulley so I think its working great. I'll take it to the track soon to see if theres any improvement.

Anyone want to buy a GM Turbo Trans AM fuel up new in the box. 80 bucks. I special ordered it and can't return it.

Also when I pulled the old pump out I noticed its a WALBRO also. I forgot, I though I installed a GM unit. How long do these pumps usually last? This one was only 2 years old. And I saw that JncoMutt had problems with the one he was using.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L.I. Fieros:

My experiences so far with two cars.... (hopefully this helps someone)

Car 1:
Mods:
VS CAM
SS Intercooler
3.25 Pulley
Open intake/exhaust
Colder Plugs & T-Stat
ZZP 1.0 PCM - On the way as I write this (needed to reach full potential of CAM in my opinion).

Vette fuel pump - Pressure is 55psi at idle, but dropped from 55psi to 48psi under WOT and motor flattened out and sputtered above 4000rpm. Any blip in the throttle resulted in a decrease in the fuel pressure while idling or driving the car. I know some have had very good success with this pump, which is what I was hoping for, but it's not working for me. The pump is whisper quiet though and worked great with the 2.8 for 10K+ miles. I'm replacing it with a Walbro unit and will report back. The car isn't quiet and is my fun/track car so noise shouldn't be a problem.

Unless you just got a bad fuel pump, a new fuel pump is not going to fix the issues you descibed above. Your pressure shouldnt drop when bumping the throttle at idle or when going over 4K. I had an issue like yours a long while back but was the result of a clogged regulator that was causing high pressure that would drop when I would hit the throttle at idle. I run the Vette pump in my setup and have several more MODs that you and have my shift points set at 6300 with no lack of fuel, even at the shifts. What brand Vette pump did you use?

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
ill bet you have the FPR hooked up to the wrong vac port possibly. I do hate the vette pump, it is VERY in adaquite, and would require a voltage increasing pump rewire to work correctly.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

ill bet you have the FPR hooked up to the wrong vac port possibly. I do hate the vette pump, it is VERY in adaquite, and would require a voltage increasing pump rewire to work correctly.

I dont have a rewire and have been running the Vette pump on my modded setup for about a year and a half. I have many MODS and never run short of fuel even in the upper RPMs and at WOT shifts. The Vette pump has been tested and proven to handle HP up to 325 HP, so it will work well for most 3800 swappers. This is all from my experiance with the pump and take it as you want.
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
The fuel pumps are rated about like engine power specs, according to the Delphi specs:

89 TA: 16 grams/sec @ 350 kPa
87 Grand National: 28 grams/sec @ 425 kPa

Check the part number and you'll see that it's the same pump in both cars 25342250.

I was considering the Walbro pump but since noise was mentioned I think I'll pass because the current aftermarket pump is a bit on the loud side especially when it surges when the turn signal is turned on. I'll definately be upgrading the wiring.
L.I. Fieros

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L.I. FierosSend a Private Message to L.I. FierosDirect Link to This Post
It's certainly possible that my problem lies elsewhere, possibly with the regulator itself. Any other possibilities are welcome as I never discount anything when it comes to these problems. I'd rather not drop the tank again. I'll report back when I get to the bottom of it. And I'm currently running the EP376 Vette pump.

As for which vacuum port, the regulator is hooked up just as factory, tapped off the port on the intake manifold below the SC snout. So I don't think that's the problem.

Has anyone else with a CAM monitored fuel pressure (especially at idle)? I figured the high pressure at idle was due to the loss of vacuum at idle with the CAM. Maybe that's wrong? Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by L.I. Fieros (edited 08-22-2007).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
My walbro is perfectly silent...
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

My walbro is perfectly silent...

Does it work?

I'll have to crunch the numbers before making a final decision, I know I don't want a noisy pump so if the Grand National pump is sufficient for over 400 hp I'll error on the side of A/C Delco because I want tested and proven dependability.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock