Started on: 03-10-2005 07:46 PM
Replies: 161
Last post by: crzyone on 08-14-2008 06:16 PM
crzyone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ544:

Awsome. that sounds great!! I don't see why you'd be worried about the flywheel however. that method has been used many times on many different setups and I've never heard of a problem with it. might be nice to have a lighter flywheel, but I don't think I'd pull a motor just for that. anyway... great job on the install.

Russ544

Sorry, completely missed your post. I've been paranoid of flywheels ever since I read this thread.
http://forums.freshalloy.co...wthread.php?t=169735

An engineered aluminum flywheel that has not been plugged or drilled seems safer, plus there is less energy there if it does let go. If my iron flywheel broke, I'm sure it would go through the trani, through the firewall, through my sub box, through my seat and lodge somewhere in my back. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

That, and I plan on racing my car so the less rotating mass the better.

Since I am keeping the car I will be looking at getting chrfab cams, springs and retainers. The redline will be moved up to 7-7500rpm, more stress on a modified flywheel.
IP: Logged
crzyone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Long overdue update

The car was professionally tuned in the spring. It put down 280hp at the wheels which works out to be around 320 at the flywheel, assuming 15% drivetrain loss. So with the aftermarket computer and fewer accessories it's making 20 more horsepower than it was rated by factory. With some better mufflers, properly gapped plugs and more dyno time I'm sure I can get 300whp put of it. I had some spark issues in the higher rpm range which is gone now that I have a good set of Iridium spark plugs.

I recently took the fiero to an autocross and did ok, it understeers quite a bit. A short autocross course isn't that great with a V-8 fiero, you never get a chance to use your power.

Tomorrow night I am taking it drag racing, I will update when I get some solid 1/4 mile numbers.

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock