TIMING BY PASS DIAGRAM by tntfredted
Started on: 12-29-2007 07:42 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: DIY_Stu on 12-30-2007 02:18 AM
tntfredted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntfredtedSend a Private Message to tntfredtedDirect Link to This Post
timing my fiero to pass smog need to know what to ground out to get check engine light to flash the smog TECH. says its called the bypass if anyone has the diagam I would really appreaited help me please!!!!! THANX
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Is this what you are looking for?
//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi?ECMCodes
gofast250

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2007 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gofast250Send a Private Message to gofast250Direct Link to This Post
Hey fred your just trying to time your fiero ,I dont think that is what your looking for ,That is the method to flash codes .
When timing a fiero your suppose to ground two of the pins together at the ecm connector on the center console,which two.
My guess is the smog tech is trying to verify the proper timinig.
Anyone else know of a different way of timing?
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2007 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gofast250:

Hey fred your just trying to time your fiero ,I dont think that is what your looking for ,That is the method to flash codes .
When timing a fiero your suppose to ground two of the pins together at the ecm connector on the center console,which two.

Same process for both, the jumpers for checking the codes are the same as the ones for doing the timing.
gofast250

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2007 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gofast250Send a Private Message to gofast250Direct Link to This Post
Actullay Fred ,Avenger was right with the pin locations,put a paper clip between the two and start the car then set the timing or check it ,should be 10 degrees BTDC.
If it is not blinking ,the check enine light,like the tech said ,That could be another proublem i dont know anything about.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2007 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
On your decklid there's a Base timing sticker. Manual 10º BTDC in Neutral, my Auto says 10ºBTDC in Drive or Reverse. Seemed strange to me but you actually spend a lot of time sitting in Drive so that may be why. Make sure to have a helper hold the brake, don't trust the parking brake ever!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock