88 steering rack part?? by fierogt28
Started on: 12-25-2007 10:56 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: fierogt28 on 12-26-2007 08:02 PM
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Does anyone know what is the GM part # for the 88 steering rack bushing?? (its made out of plastic)

I know Rodney Dickman sells them and GM has discontinued this part.

thanks,

fierogt28
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
any GM dealer should be able to tell you the number.
but why would you want the plactic part?
fierogt28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

any GM dealer should be able to tell you the number.
but why would you want the plactic part?

I called the local GM dealer here, and they don't give part numbers out. I don't understand their business practice, but that makes me mad. Probably because they don't want me to go somewhere's else and buy it there. Weird, but maybe they don't want me to buy GM at all. Has anyone experianced this?

I'm still looking for that part # anyways.

Thanks,

fierogt28
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
26010668 I have a couple new in the bag 88 factory plastic rack bushings. They are so fragile.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

fierogt28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Hey Rodney,

I just wanted the part #...

Thanks,

fierogt28

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

26010668 I have a couple new in the bag 88 factory plastic rack bushings. They are so fragile.

Rodney's in on the left and the factory GM part is on the right. The difference in quality is self evident. I have a couple of the factory bushings still in inventory and frankly, I just don't know what I am going to do with them. I only use Rodney's part these days.

But if you're really interested in the factory part I'll sell you one for $15 shipped. PM me if interested.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:
I called the local GM dealer here, and they don't give part numbers out. I don't understand their business practice, but that makes me mad. Probably because they don't want me to go somewhere's else and buy it there.

that is exactly why they dont give out the number, they dont want to do the work and then someone else get the sale.

and watchout for those that do give out the number. i've seen parts guys give out the wrong number to be spiteful

fierogt28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
BuddyCraigg,

I understand where your comming from, but in the past I've experianced bad service from GM dealer (s). Actually more than one dealer.
Sometimes I thought that because I own a fiero they tend to have comments and seem unwilling to help. Anotherwords, they seem embarressed to look-up
the parts you desire. One parts guy wrote on the back of my list of parts I wanted and it said "for sale". He recommended that it was the best thing to do.
I didn't ask for his opinion about the car, I was interested in purchasing parts from "their" dealership. I sorta got ticked off. I felt like nothing, and because I need parts this is the service I get.

I hope that he gets laid off so he can understand that sloppy comments will make less customers buy there.

But I don't hesitate one second to call the fiero store for parts and service that is second to none. At least they have pride and like what they are doing. Thanks TFS !!

fierogt28

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock