Alterntive for Sanderson by linuxpowered88
Started on: 12-25-2007 05:03 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: fieroguru on 12-26-2007 01:29 PM
linuxpowered88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2007 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Direct Link to This Post
has anyone used these headers before if not any reason why they wont work they look very similar to the sanders but maybe without the rust problems.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/...0001_10002_361825_-1
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2007 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
They are just painted black so the will rust too. I may be wrong but I think the angles (towards the engine) may not work. The sandersons we use are an application to clear a steering column so they don't hug the block that much as true huggers. In other words they point more straight down rather than in a V angle like the engine.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2007 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I like the ones fieroguru used in this thread
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064773.html
linuxpowered88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2007 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Direct Link to This Post
There should be a ceramic coated version I just linked too the ones I found. I Have the ram horns now and They work well I just want a lil better. Ill have to go and look and see the dimension difference later thanks for the advice.
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2007 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
I'm using a real "hugger" style from Sanderson. They work but its a real chore to get the correct angles around the axle. To be completely honest, I will run my pipes in all those tight angles again to use ANYTHING other than Sanderson. Hedman has reputable quality, which means they know how to WELD!

------------------
Christian
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd, 88 suspension, C6 polished wheels, C5 Z06 brakes, Konis, poly'd, Spec Stg 3
301rwhp/345rwtq
Stovebolt Powered!!!!!
06 Cobalt SS/SC w/ LSD (the slow DD)

linuxpowered88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Direct Link to This Post
id be willing to buy a set and try the only thing to discourage me is if they dont i have no use since my fiero is my only v8 application and i know i cant get my money back reselling. if i can get a 80% they will work ill do it but i dont want to waste my money if they wont yeah i know hedman is quality.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Almost any time you change the header type, you will have to rework the down pipes (or atleast I always have!). Normally, when sticking with the headers that exit straight down you have to change the height and spacing from the block. With these angled to the back this will just add additional complications to reworking the exhaust.

If you want a stainless steel option (besides the Tru-Rams in my thread Jake Dragon linked to) - Patriot brand sells this set through jegs. http://www.jegs.com/webapp/...0001_10002_126432_-1

My longterm quest is to have a 100% stainless exhaust that will last forever and remain free from leaks. The tru-rams are holding up real well so they could very well be the last exhaust manifolds i have to buy (but I may make a set of headers some day just for fun!).

linuxpowered88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Direct Link to This Post
Thanks fieroguru again you prove your knowledge. But have you used these headers according to the specs they are 2 inches longer than the sandersons. I cant find the length of the Heedmans
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
If the collectors do not hug the block, length is rarely the issue with the center dump style (unless you are putting them on an auto car). The Patriots have about 6" from the center of the ports to the bottom of the collector. The Tru-Rams are 5 1/2" and the LT1 Pacesetters are another inch or so longer. I have had the Tru-Rams and LT1 Pacesetters installed with room to spare, so I am quite confident the Patriots will fit.

Here are the Pacesetter LT1's along side the Tru-rams to see the difference in collector lenghts.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 12-26-2007).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock