running rough Please help by bsculptor
Started on: 12-24-2007 04:56 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Hudini on 12-24-2007 08:46 PM
bsculptor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2007 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bsculptorSend a Private Message to bsculptorDirect Link to This Post
85 v6 .

Started getting my car going again after some years.
I started out with draining the gas tank , new fuel filter. New MAP sensor, new TPS .
it was hesitating when i stepped on the gas .
I took out the o2 senser (but left it plugged in) and i ran better . So then i put in a new o2 sensor and it ran nice . So i thought everything was going smooth . Drove it around the block a few times and then it stalled when i came to a stop.
then after that , it will not even idle without stalling .
I ran codes and come up with code 34. Which is map senser ( i already bought a new one)
Any ideas ?

[This message has been edited by bsculptor (edited 12-24-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2007 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
look in a manual on how to check the voltage going to the tps and the map, than double check your vac lines for leaks and the egr valve .

------------------

DONE: 86gt 5 speed 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , stronger head springs, and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip , polished crank . too much to list

86 gt 350 4 speed
85 t-top BEING PARTED
87gt parts car
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2007 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
if it's an auto, disconnect your tcc plug on the tranny. if it idles, you got your problem.
if it's a manual, get it running and put your hands over the exhaust. see if you have good flow. could be a cat that broke.
oh, and the standard advice, do the plugs, cap rotor and wires. fixes alot of things
bsculptor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2007 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bsculptorSend a Private Message to bsculptorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tjm4fun:

if it's an auto, disconnect your tcc plug on the tranny. if it idles, you got your problem.
if it's a manual, get it running and put your hands over the exhaust. see if you have good flow. could be a cat that broke.
oh, and the standard advice, do the plugs, cap rotor and wires. fixes alot of things

HMmm .. I forgot to mention .. while i was driving it (after it ran good) i was testing it in 1gear and 2 nd gear. ( i have an automatic) .. could this have caused this to go bad ? . thanks so much
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2007 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
the tcc doesn;t have any rhyme or reason to when it goes bad. it is I think the blue connector on the top of the tranny. you can disonnect it to test.

I am not an auto expert, I only play one on the forums! :lol: it;s just a thought form other threads I;ve followed. good luck!
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2007 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Take that O2 sensor out again and see if it runs good again. If it does then I'm thinking a clogged cat converter.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock