Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  someone with a 85 service manual, or a pic of where the tail light ground screw is?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

someone with a 85 service manual, or a pic of where the tail light ground screw is? by buddycraigg
Started on: 12-16-2007 09:53 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: buddycraigg on 12-17-2007 10:45 PM
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i'm in the process of making a video of what happens when you loose ground on a double filament bulb, but i cant find the tail light harness ground screw.

i know the 84's tail light harness is actually grounded under the center console and i'm starting to think the 85 is too since i cant find anything in the passenger wheel well.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
On my 85 I thought it's on the frame rail above and behind the right rear wheel...
But the manual says between seat near rear bulkhead..

G202 on the right side and in front of the ecm.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 12-16-2007).]

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:
On my 85 I thought it's on the frame rail above and behind the right rear wheel...
But the manual says between seat near rear bulkhead..

G202 on the right side and in front of the ecm.

does your manual also show a lot of other items being grounded through the same circuit?
like the cigarette lighter, ash tray lights, cruise solenoid and release valve...

here's my right rear fender area, it sure the hell isn't in here...

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 12-16-2007).]

Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
I know the first several you list do. Don't know about all of them without looking them up.

I believe the 86 manual you probably have downloaded will show the same. As far as I've seen it matches everything in my 85 manual. The 85 does have a few nice drawing in the back for some of the wiring that I have not seen in the online 86 manual.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
well i guess, i better put my car back together so i can drive it to work tomorrow.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I think I saw a picture somewhere that had it on the curved arch on that right rear frame member, and the comment was that it was a bad place for the ground to be placed. I dont think you can see it in your picture there.
Joe
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:
I think I saw a picture somewhere that had it on the curved arch on that right rear frame member, and the comment was that it was a bad place for the ground to be placed. I dont think you can see it in your picture there.
Joe

well the harness goes under the notchie body panel where the green arrow is.
there's no other place to look for it at.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Sorry Buddy, it's been a while since I saw that photo. I wanted to remember where it was in case I ever needed the information.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Heres a good pic...
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Or you can just splice in a ground wire to one of the rear lights and screw it to the rear bumper frame. A ground is just a ground and anywhere on the steel structure will ground it.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
well i'm not trying to repair a ground, i was wanting to create an open in the ground, to show how the tail lights respond.
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

buddycraigg

13597 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by James Bond 007:
Heres a good pic...

that is a good pic, i wonder what year they started that.
OldBob

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldBobSend a Private Message to OldBobDirect Link to This Post
That's where it is on an 86GT.

Bob
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
go there the complete manual for an 85 ( download )

Sorry tought it was the worskhop but interesting anyhow

http://www.fieronews.net/fu...nloads.php?cat_id=12

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 12-17-2007).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I have yet to put my wheel wells back in my car, an 86 coupe, and it is in that same spot. I just had to look up in there to see it. One little screw can give so many head aches.
Here ya go if you need it. Buddy if you need a good quality photo I can e mail one to you, but I have to reduce the quality to post them here on PFF.

Joe
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
intersting...

my car has the little red square hole and the big round opening. but there is no screw there.

they must have started it in 86

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock