idea gathering. opinions needed. by cowan1984
Started on: 12-14-2007 01:09 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: cowan1984 on 12-14-2007 01:58 PM
cowan1984

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2007 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cowan1984Click Here to visit cowan1984's HomePageSend a Private Message to cowan1984Direct Link to This Post
and I'm sure I'll get many.

I am thinking of taking my '84 notchie and adding (eventually):

F355 front bumper...? or leave the pointy stock style?
celica/nsx/other headlights similar to Fiero Redux (not a pop-up fan.)
hood vents that compliment headlights without being too over-the-top
archie's widebody kit with decklid scoop like the one on archie's red widebody notch
archie's dash kit for the interior, with some custom reworking
design something new/different for rear taillights?
and to top it all off, choptop.
paint?...solid color...but what color i dont know. thinking a darker shade of blue.

dont want to copy anyone, but unless ive got crazy fiberglass skills (i dont) everything i can think of has pretty much been done. just not on the same car. just what i've mentioned above is over 6 grand minus labor. i like the notchie look, and the GT just a little better, if i got a GT i'd want to keep it more of a sleeper, so i figured i'd go crazy with the notch.

ready for input.

------------------
'84 2M4, base with 3spd auto. Currently on jackstands getting suspension redone and soon - a 4.9 caddy.

Future Car - '86-87 GT, LS1/6?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2007 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Start off with ideas that you can do and still use the car,untill you firm up what you want to do.. I am in the fog of a one month job that has turned into a year ,for one year i will work and not drive..fiberglass is not difficult to work with but do it in warm weather the first time,read up on how to work with the material that your fiero body is made of and watch the mall for the sale of some item you want..It will come up eventually at a savings to you and a benefit to a forum member,if the item is for sale from a frequent poster,or long term member you will probably be satisfied with the transaction,any modification you can think of just post and ask advise, the hedlights are a good place to start,especially if your HL motors are toast,start simple work up.If you have never done an engine swap help some one remove a fiero transmission or engine so you know what you are getting into,An engine swap is not the walk in the park some think,,A dash change is much easier than an engine swap, but you need experience with auto electrical or a lot of patience..A tail light swap would be a good start if you have limited electrical experience,find something you like(mayby at salvage yard) and adapt it to the fiero ,do not adapt the fiero to the part untill you have done some of this work,you can fashion a unique tail light from aluminum or chorme or polish metal and cut out your own style,round or square hole..just imagine an 8 inch x 4 foot piece of metal with holes cut in it and red plastic in the holes and go from there,keep it legal

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 12-14-2007).]

cowan1984

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2007 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cowan1984Click Here to visit cowan1984's HomePageSend a Private Message to cowan1984Direct Link to This Post
I've got the skills to do the mechanical stuff, as we speak I am in the middle of a full front/rear suspension rebuild, coilover upgrade, going to do the 11.25 brakes, and 4.9 caddy swap once I track a good engine down. I know I'll take alot of flak for starting with an '84, but so what it just requires a little more work and time.

I agree, january in WI is not a good time to experiment with fiberglass, but come spring I may be doing some reworking of my front end. going to get a boneyard hood and put vents in it, if it turns out good, bolt it on, if not, learning experience.

saw a thread on LED notchie tails that got me thinking....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock