Getting engine bay open without keys by gofast250
Started on: 12-12-2007 01:04 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: thismanyfieros on 12-12-2007 08:38 PM
gofast250

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2007 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gofast250Send a Private Message to gofast250Direct Link to This Post
Anyone got a idea on how i can get into my 85 2m6 fiero engine bay.
I dont have keys to open it ,and no trunk popper,before trying to pry it open ,I thought someone might have a idea on how to open with less damage.

[This message has been edited by gofast250 (edited 12-12-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Call a locksmith. Seriously. They can get it open with zero damage and cut you a new set of keys (and a spare) while they're at it. Plus it will save you the aggravation of messing with it. The expense will be worth it.
86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
OR

There is a drain plug at the bottom of the trunk. Its about 2" x 10".

Pop it out, reach up in there, pull back the carpet and use a 10mm wrench to take out the bolts holing the strike to the trunk. The hole is a little small, but its doable.... sorta, you might want to get someone with small arms... Or a friend with AAA
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Forgive me if I'm off base here but I thought that the Pontiac dealership could cut you a set of keys from the vin number, (if the locks haven't been changed).
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetman:

Forgive me if I'm off base here but I thought that the Pontiac dealership could cut you a set of keys from the vin number, (if the locks haven't been changed).

Yeah, I heard that also but when I checked it out, I was told that they don't keep records back that far. (shrugg)

------------------
Ron

It's the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us the freedom of the press.
It's the Soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us the freedom of speech.
It's the Soldier, not the politicians
That ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
It's the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag.

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Onley other way I know of, is to drill the key hole out and use a screw driver to turn the lock.I did this once befor (on a Trans am),but I remember haveing to use a long screw driver,for some reason.
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
The long screw driver thing works, mine was like that for a while. You can always cut out your trunk :}
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
your car is wired for the trunk popper...if you pull off the cover you should see a 4 pin plug behind it..as long as you have a battery and it has power it should pop the trunk no problems..if no battery just run two small wires off a remote 12 v battery i believe if you just croos the two colored wires (pink,grey) together on your positive wire and cross your two blacks as they are your grounds on your negative side it should pop... ps the cover is on your right hand side of your gauge cluster its the top part.....hope that helps...tim
thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post

thismanyfieros

3468 posts
Member since Dec 2002
i am not 100% on which wire combination pops the trunk but just play with it and it will work...tim
OldBob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldBobSend a Private Message to OldBobDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

OR

There is a drain plug at the bottom of the trunk. Its about 2" x 10".

What years is this drain plug in? I've never seen one.

Bob

thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
its in all years and it doesnt look like an actual drain plug...its the large replaceable floor pan plug like the ones under your seats ..if you look under your car you cant miss it....they are galvinized and kinda of a tar like compound...tim
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock