Coolant Fan Switch by 87blackGT
Started on: 12-11-2007 04:13 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: JazzMan on 12-11-2007 06:08 PM
87blackGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87blackGTSend a Private Message to 87blackGTDirect Link to This Post
Are the threads on the coolant switch supposed to be "lubed' with anything before they are installed?
I found some coolant sitting up around the fan switch. When I removed the switch, the threads are pretty clean and I can't remember if they were that way when I installed it awhile ago.

Thanks,

Chris
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MordacP

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MordacPSend a Private Message to MordacPDirect Link to This Post
Nothing is supposed to leak. So if it leaks, i suggest putting some teflon tape around the threads. it can stand heat, because i have some around my coolant temp sensor, oil drain plug, and it's doing fine in both places.
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
That is pipe thread, gets tighter as you turn it in, perhaps you could give an extra 1/4 turn. The sender needs to ground out to the engine, yes you can use a little tape or liquid sealant but don't go crazy, it has to ground itself.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I use the Permatex stuff in the white plastic bottle with the little brush in the lid. That switch closes and furnishes a ground for the fan to come on. I dont want any teflon on that swiitch.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-11-2007 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The sharp metal threads have no problem making electrical contact whatever you use to seal the threads. I prefer to use teflon tape because it's easy to apply, but teflon-based pipe dope works just as well.

JazzMan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock