Screwed by deathangel
Started on: 12-09-2007 03:33 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: EverRude on 12-09-2007 07:46 PM
deathangel

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deathangelSend a Private Message to deathangelDirect Link to This Post
Today, I was jump starting my Tahoe, and while I was reving up the engine....Smoke started to come from the engine bay.
When I got out the car water(antifreeze) was squirting all over the place...No hoses leaking, no nothing.....BUT water all over....
Someone help me....Im thinking time to replace the engine.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kzelisko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kzeliskoSend a Private Message to kzeliskoDirect Link to This Post
There are a number of place where coolant could be spraying from. What side of the engine was it coming from?
deathangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deathangelSend a Private Message to deathangelDirect Link to This Post
Pass. Side right where the battery is.
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
COuld it have just started runing a bit hot and spewed out of teh overflow?
deathangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deathangelSend a Private Message to deathangelDirect Link to This Post
The engine doesn't even have any coolant in it...and it's 19 here. the engine was full of coolant...and now there's nearly nothing.
kzelisko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kzeliskoSend a Private Message to kzeliskoDirect Link to This Post
That would be your water pump. There is a hose(there might be two) at the water pump. I would check and make sure those are attached and in one piece. If it isn't those hoses then the bearings in the water pump most likely failed so you would have to replace said water pump.Water pumps are only about $30 and don't appear particularly difficult to remove so you should be able to replace it relatively easily.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2007 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post

In my thoughts though, I wouldn't think that the water pump is bad. If it was surging or cavitating it wouldn't spray water like you are talking about. It sounds to me like a water pump seal leak, or maybe a pinhole sized hole in the hose going to the water neck. Also keep in mind that the radiator hoses are right below the battery also. I've sheared those several times (with my engine movement problems), and the water did spray everywhere like you described.

Angel if I were you, I'd take the battery out in the morning and look at the hoses for creaks or holes. Pull and twist them as much as possible to expose the leak. If you can't find anything on the hoses, try tracing the coolant leak on the block. I bet you'll find the radiator hose is busted. I hope that is . I don't think you're quite in need of a rebuild yet.

[This message has been edited by Emc209i (edited 12-09-2007).]

deathangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deathangelSend a Private Message to deathangelDirect Link to This Post
Man...Im so tired of this engine.....Its siezed up on me twice...overheats all the time...Except winter ofcourse...I was just going to take the stupid thing out...lucky for it...I dont have much money....But I will check the hoses again, the way this was gushing out...it wasn't anything pen sized.
NiotaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Sounds to me like you are wanting a new engine--- It's Christmas==go get you one.
EverRude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EverRudeSend a Private Message to EverRudeDirect Link to This Post
19 degrees? Maybe check your freeze plugs. One of them may have done its job.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock