procedure to change ecm by scorpion693
Started on: 12-06-2007 02:50 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: scorpion693 on 12-06-2007 08:40 PM
scorpion693

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scorpion693Send a Private Message to scorpion693Direct Link to This Post
besides disconnecting battery, is there a procedure to changing out the computer so it works properly when you turn on the car?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Make sure you are grounded out so you don't create an electrostatic discharge while handling the ECM as this can damage it. Make sure the battery is disconnected before you unplug or plug in the ECM to prevent electrostatic discharge or power surge that might damage the ECM. Make sure the ECM gets properly grounded when you reinstall it. The ECM will need to relearn when you reconnect it, just go for a drive of varying speed over 35 MPH and highway speed for about 1/2 hour.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-06-2007).]

scorpion693

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scorpion693Send a Private Message to scorpion693Direct Link to This Post
ty for the information, right now i took it to the garage and they verified everything so far that i said that was wrong with the car and now they said they have to put it on the computer, its getting initial start up on injectors and then they all stop.. ty for your help

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock