repairing a dash?? by amikin
Started on: 12-05-2007 11:18 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: amikin on 12-05-2007 01:58 PM
amikin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amikinSend a Private Message to amikinDirect Link to This Post
so I thought I'd be nice and start car pooling with a friend who was in a bind to get to work.

It's been a few months now, and rather than throwing his bags and stuff in the trunk he opts just to keep it by his feet. I thought no big deal, but this morning i noticed there is now a crack in the passenger side corner of the dash where the air vent is. This really makes me mad as my interior is mint condition and I try real hard to keep it that way.

Right now it is just a little crack, but could easily worsen if he continues bumping it. Is there any way to repair a crack in the vinyl? I am going to tell him he crap goes in the trunk from now on and he needs to be careful getting in.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
There is a "vinyl repair kit" repair designed for vinyl on old car seats, I couldn't tell you it works excellent, but it should keep it from getting bigger. Color matching would be difficult too.

Something like this:
http://www.leathermagic.com...2&OVKWID=10395847522
amikin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amikinSend a Private Message to amikinDirect Link to This Post
this is the kind of thing i was thinking of.

right now it's pretty small so a repair wouldn't be that noticable even if the colour didn't match perfectly. the good part is my dash is black so matching shouldn't really be a problem

anyone out there try any of the products like this?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock