Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Sppedo not working by 308
Started on: 12-05-2007 10:41 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 12-05-2007 01:24 PM

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 308Send a Private Message to 308Direct Link to This Post
Hello, I have a 1985 fiero that the speedo does not work. I baught the car with no gear on the sensor for whatever reason. I have since put in a new sensor I had a gear that is one tooth off that I installed on the sensor. I have checked the current to the plug seems to be OK. I have also checked all fuses. The old 85 mph gauge didn't work so i put in a 120 it doesn't work either. when you crank the car the speedo gauge pops up to zero and when you kill it it drops back down Does anyone have any suggestion.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dizzixx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxDirect Link to This Post
You check the connection in the dash. Is it getting a signal? I dont actually know much about how the whole thing works but that is just my two cents. If it is getting something (IE turning on) but not winding up then I would assume that something isnt getting signal, either the ECU or dash connection to the speedo. Check with multimeter.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
You can disconnect the the for the speedo and put a multimeter across the speed wires (should be a yellow and purple) - meter on ac voltage. Now remove the sender from the transmission and spin it with a drill. You should read a couple of volts if working correctly. If you are not reading anything, try connecting the meter directly up to the sensor, if you got something now when spinning it, you will need to check the wiring.

Additionally you can check the continunity of each wire from the speedo to the sensor plug.

NOTE: make sure you check the fuses that they are good as well. The fact that the gage moves to 0 when the key is on indicates power to the gage, but double check all your fuses first.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock