sub enclosure by nismokidd12
Started on: 12-03-2007 12:58 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: 250rider3 on 12-09-2007 09:46 PM
nismokidd12

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nismokidd12Send a Private Message to nismokidd12Direct Link to This Post
i want to modify the original center console to accomidate a 10 inch shallow mount sub....how would i go about that?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
crytical point

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crytical pointSend a Private Message to crytical pointDirect Link to This Post
how far do you want to go?

When you figure that then you will know what you want to do and how much you have to do.
NeoNot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoNotSend a Private Message to NeoNotDirect Link to This Post
I dont believe you are going to modify the stock console to accept a 10 inch sub. The main reason I say this is the air volume inside of the console is basically none. You would be better served to make a copy of the console with either fiberglass or wood so you can use the entire area taken up by the console as the enclosure. The only part of the console that could function as an enclose is the glove box area and this is an extremely small air volume for the sub to reside in.

If you want to get really trick with it make a mold on the outside of the console with fiber glass and make a mold on the inside of the spider the console attaches too. This will give you the highest volume of air you can get once you seal the two items together.This will also help maintain a stock appearance, depending on how you have the enclosure finished and where you mount the sub.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
nismokidd12 please contact me over non payment of the items that have been shipped to you. I have contacted cliff to remove the mistaken payment that you sent feedback is being removed.

------------------
Fiero Thomas
Indy #64
86 Fiero GT
NIFE Member
Fiero News dot net
Click here for E-Break and Shifter boots
Click here for Sunshade bags and T-Top Bags

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I got one in mine and it sounds awesome. I even started a "how to" thread back when I made it but it got little interest so I kept it to myself

FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Disclaimer: Not intended for use in cars with manual transmissions..?
bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post

I had to relocate the ECM. Piece of cake. No rewiring required.

------------------

250rider3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 250rider3Send a Private Message to 250rider3Direct Link to This Post
Hey Bonzo, do you have instructions or details already threaded or online on how you did that? Really Nice Work!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock