fuel delivery issue by nismokidd12
Started on: 11-29-2007 03:25 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: nismokidd12 on 11-30-2007 12:00 AM
nismokidd12

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nismokidd12Send a Private Message to nismokidd12Direct Link to This Post
ive replaced the fuel pump due to it not running and when i replaced the pump i repaced the filter also......and it has a brand new oil pressure switch in it and a brand new fuel pump relay but when i turn the key i hear the pump running and when i go to start it the car wont start....that is unless u spray starting fluid down the throttle body.....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nate16

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nate16Send a Private Message to Nate16Direct Link to This Post
have you checked the fuel pressure?
nismokidd12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nismokidd12Send a Private Message to nismokidd12Direct Link to This Post
not yet...i dont have a gauge yet. but if the fuel pressure is low how do i fix it?
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
It's also possible the pump motor is running backwards.
I had one I replace on a mini van I had do that once.
I used some test clip leads (like you can get at Radio Shack etc) and cross connected the pump leads at the connector.
Started right up.

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:

It's also possible the pump motor is running backwards.
I had one I replace on a mini van I had do that once.
I used some test clip leads (like you can get at Radio Shack etc) and cross connected the pump leads at the connector.
Started right up.

I agree,some fuel pump manufacturers reverse wire their fuel pumps.Example:Big prong Negative--.Small prong Hot +.New fuel pump,Big prong Hot +.Small prong ground--.I have allso had the fuel pump pop off on two seperate ocasions after hitting a Big Pot Hole.Now I allways use stainless steel hose clamps (where the pulsater was) and replace the pulsater valve with,either fuel line or high pressure fuel line.I think Dodgerunner is right,your fuel pump is running in reverse....doah.

formulamoe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulamoeSend a Private Message to formulamoeDirect Link to This Post
Crack the fuel line at the fuel filter, that will tell you if you have pressure. Is this a Duke or V6? If it a Duke pull the injector out of the throttle body and clean the screen. Put it in and it should start squirting again. I had to do this to mine.
nismokidd12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nismokidd12Send a Private Message to nismokidd12Direct Link to This Post
its a duke 84 duke

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock