SUSPENSION TECHNIQUES LOWERING SPRINGS by antinull.com
Started on: 11-26-2007 07:50 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: USFiero on 11-27-2007 01:57 AM
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2007 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comDirect Link to This Post
Okay i couldn't get an answer in my other thread
Im looking at these springs for my autocrosser
http://www.jcwhitney.com/au...08+600003409/c-10101
And i want to know
Have you used them?
do you like them?
stiff? soft?
whats the spring rate?
problems with this brand?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2007 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
I have suspension technique springs on the back of my car. Not those specific ones. I love the ride. A little harder then stock but it drives like a new car. And by a little i mean just enough to be able to notice the difference. It takes dips in the road alot better. It doesn't slam into potholes like it would with the stock springs. If I did it again I would go with the same springs. It rides very nice for a daily driver.

Ryan
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comDirect Link to This Post
okay, i am tracking it ONLY so... i guess im still on the hunt heh...
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2007 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
I have them as well, and they are pretty good, so I'd recommend them. I cut my front springs one coil and they are pretty stiff; the ride up front is pretty harsh. I also have polyurethane bushings all around - great in the back, rough up front. I'm used to it now. If I was to do it again (and it looks like I will be on another Fiero) I'd go with the ST springs in back and Rodney's lowering ball joints up front on stock springs. I also recommend the big n' little rim combination: I'm currently running 16 inch rims in the back and 15's up front. My next set of tires will be 50 series all around, not the 55's out back and the 60's up front. the rear is actually a quarter or half inched lowered more than the front, but the rim/tire combo has me pretty level. You can't tell at a glance that the rear rims are larger in diameter, but it does a nice job of visually filling the rear wheel gap.

------------------
John DuRette
Custom 85 SE/86 GT
"Kinda makes you nostalgic for a Members Only jacket"

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock