isuzu 5 speed pilot bushing? by thestackpole
Started on: 11-24-2007 05:18 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Raydar on 11-25-2007 09:44 AM
thestackpole

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thestackpoleSend a Private Message to thestackpoleDirect Link to This Post
I'm replacing the clutch assembly on my 88 2.5 liter 5 speed. The kit came with a pilot bushing, but the tailshaft of the transmission has nothing past the spline, and the hole in the flywheel does not appear to recieve any sort of bushing, also there was nothing in there when I took the clutch assembly off. Can anyone confirm or deny that a bushing should be in there?

thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
linuxpowered88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Direct Link to This Post
should not have a bushing fwd style trannies dont normally have them.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I went through all of this on the 19th, and I was advised that "not needed" from about 3-4 different members here. Some one said that an 84 used them , but no to the rest. I took mine back out cause I didnt want anything keeping it from working correctly. I am tired of CLUTCH WOE'S
Good Luck
Here is the link: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/087706.html You can read their comments.
Joe Crawford
Texas
thestackpole

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thestackpoleSend a Private Message to thestackpoleDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I can confirm that, my 84, 4- speed used a pilot bushing that looked just like the one that came with the assembly. Has your's held up ok so far?
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by thestackpole:

Ok, I can confirm that, my 84, 4- speed used a pilot bushing that looked just like the one that came with the assembly. Has your's held up ok so far?

I havent put the drive train back in the car yet. I hope to have it back in by next Friday. I didnt have one in it before, and my clutch problem wasnt from the lack of a pilot bushing. I had maybe 4 miles on it before I dropped it out to replace the clutch fork. No strange noises or anything.
Joe
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
I just installed a new 88 5 speed Izuzu tranny in my Fiero today and there is no pilot bushing for this transmission !

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2007 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Nope. No pilot bushing. (But then I've never disassembled an 84.)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock