Started on: 11-22-2007 11:44 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: darkhorizon on 11-22-2007 12:03 PM
ohio86se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
This is kind of a continuation of my 3800sc swap thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/.html

I decided to try and give more detail as to what I had to do with relocating the shift cables so as to avoid the stock crossover pipe.

I have actually taken off these parts and took measurements in the attempt a "as built" part.

If you look at my original thread you may see a slight variation from what is depicted here. I did go through a number of interactions before settling on this design.

Attached are the details for the fabrication of the 4-speed muncie brackets for the relocation of the shifter cables.

Caution should be taken to ensure the all your welds are sound. Keep in mind that in addition to relocating the cables, you made
need to make adjustments to make sure that you are able to obtain all your gears.

I have had these parts on my Fiero for two years and have never had a problem with the cable popping off.
My cable ends are in very good condition. I will say that the shifting effort is not as smooth as it was before but not too bad.

I do have these files in a variety of formats. If you want I can email them to you.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/...547f3bc/sharing.html

[This message has been edited by ohio86se (edited 11-22-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Added to ultimate swap thread!

I made mine with alot less, um, accuracy and just introduced a small amount of adjust ability and they work just great.

------------------
Losing site of our roots in the cathode rays.

Ultimate 3800 swap thread

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock