AdjustableDogBone by gem1138
Started on: 11-15-2007 02:41 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: $Rich$ on 11-17-2007 08:25 PM
gem1138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Direct Link to This Post
I am planning purchase Rodney's Adjustable Dog Bone but it is not clear to what engine it is intended to mount. I have a 2.8L
I purchased a dog bone from AutoZone a few weeks ago and it was about an inch too long. It turns out that the turkey sold me that one for a 2.5 because it was the only one listed. @$#%@&@!
None of the major parts stores I have called list a dog bone for a 2.8.
Now, Rodney’s appears to have an inch of adjustment, but if that is a half of an inch to either side of the dimension required for a 2.5, I'll come up half an inch too long in theory. If, on the other hand, that one inch of adjustment permits it to work on either, then you wind up effectively with adjustment in only one direction only. If it is intended for installation on a 2.8L with a half inch of adjustment either way then I am slick with this one.
Can someone clarify this?
I know Rodney is online from time to time and might step up to the plate for this one.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Rodney's dogbone fits the 2.8 V6. Here's a photo of it on mine:

gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Direct Link to This Post
Blacktree,
Thanks for your quick response and the photo. I thought all of the stock intake manifolds were red. Did someone strip yours I was I mistaken?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
You're welcome.

I stripped and repainted the intake, valve covers, engine block, etc. I used the ceramic engine block paint from a local auto parts store.
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Direct Link to This Post
Blacktree,
Following your first reply, feeling confident that it would fit, I emailed Santa to ask him to place Rodney’s red Adjustable Dog Bone under our tree.
I’ll get out two 15mm wrenches on Christmas Eve just to be ready.
It’s beginning to look a lot like……
Before I bought this Fiero, every Christmas, birthday and father’s day was a problem. There was never anything I wanted that didn’t cost thousands. No more ties please.
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by gem1138:
I am planning purchase Rodney's Adjustable Dog Bone but it is not clear to what engine it is intended to mount. I have a 2.8L
I purchased a dog bone from AutoZone a few weeks ago and it was about an inch too long. It turns out that the turkey sold me that one for a 2.5 because it was the only one listed. @$#%@&@!

You and others following this thread may appreciate being aware that even if they had sold you a dogbone for your V6 instead of the one they sold you for a 2.5L four-cylinder Fiero engine, it might not have mattered anyway in terms of poor fit.

Like your experience, when I bought my first replacement dogbone for my V6, it did not fit, but at least it supposedly was for my V6, as opposed to one for a four-cylinder.

I was thoroughly surprised by the fact that it didn't fit because at the time, I didn't know that even the factory dogbones --- even just for V6s --- sometimes came in different lengths. Accordingly, sometimes an aftermarket one will fit your Fiero 2.8L V6, and sometimes it won't.

Unlike the first replacement dogbone I purchased from somebody else, the adjustable dogbone from Rodney Dickman is a very worthwhile product. As I found with my 3.4L V6 (which has essentially the same outer dimensions as a 2.8L), the adjustability of his product should make the installation of it in your 2.8L Fiero V6 worry-free.

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
it will swap over to a L67 setup aswell

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
86 GT SC 3800 Intercooled
02 Jetta 1.8t

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay