Started on: 11-05-2007 02:36 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: americasfuture2k on 11-07-2007 05:27 PM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
luxury cars and top model vehicles have it. my blazer only has auto down for the drivers side. i want auto up/down for all of my windows. and i know many of would love to have it on you fiero(s). in some of the other cars, is there a module i can cut out and wire up into my fiero? i read something in the taurus forums many moons ago. but i cant find it now. the kit from autoloc is too pricey. and i think it only controls one window.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
You can get a one touch down module from a 4th gen f body. Pick up two of them and you have auto down on both sides.

Auto up is tricky. You need to match the current draw and cutoff circuitry to the performance of the motor. Matching that circuit from another car to a 20 year old clunky Fiero window regulator is going to be very difficult.

If you don't have a current draw cutoff it would be very dangerous if someone got a limb caught in the window while it's cranking up. It would be better to go with an aftermarket unit for safety.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 11-05-2007).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
well since u put it that way, pricey is better.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2007 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManClick Here to Email JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Here's one: http://www.fieros.de/en/main.html

Click on One-Touch Power Window Controller to go it.

JazzMan
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
allright! this is one of the ones i was thinking of, thanks man!
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
well the site does not have the info to reproduce this. it does have the schematic to build one, but the 1st chips appears to have a custom program made by this guy.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-06-2007 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManClick Here to Email JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
That's what the guy offers, preprogrammed chips. Given the safety and complexity aspects of this particular application I'd rather buy than experiment. It's not a bad deal at all.

JazzMan
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
if i could locate an orderform for this window controller, then i would order it asap.
DESTOS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DESTOSClick Here to Email DESTOSSend a Private Message to DESTOSDirect Link to This Post
I would love auto down, I just got home from driving in my Camry and was thinking about them in the Fiero.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
msince i lost my memory from my vette wreck, i didnt remember those had the one touch up and down. merlot's wife was tellin me we all had em. but my 98 blazer lt has just the auto down for the drivers window only. i want em for every window. and to go up. i think the ford taurus sho's had em. i know many ford that are in the junkyard wear they belong have em as a removable module. so when i can, im gonna go look for some. if i can get em to work as a universal set, ill let everyone here know about them and what year and car they came from.
gladiator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gladiatorSend a Private Message to gladiatorDirect Link to This Post
The Fbody module sounds promising. Where are they located in the car? In the door? Dash? Center console? I just don't want to have to tear the entire interior apart to find the thing.

Thanks
Gary
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i am going to guess that they are where generally every other one is that i have seen/read about. in the drivers door or the door that has the auto up/down switch.
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaClick Here to Email fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
You could use aftermarket 'window roll up modules'... They are made to be installed with alarms or remote starters. They usually take a single - pulse input and will roll up/dwn (depending on how you wire it) two windows. They use a current sensor to 'know' when the window is all the way up or down.

I've got one in my car for roll up. The down is sitting in my tool box because I havn't had time to install it yet

Fiero window circuit is a typical '5 wire' system. You can wire in the module right at the window switches.

I've got mine hooked up to my alarm/remote start and to a proximity sensor... I can control the windows from the alarm remote, or when the feature is 'on' the windows automatically roll up when somebody walks near the car

[This message has been edited by fiero_silva (edited 11-06-2007).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i know, the only 2 i have seen are from either directed electronics, the 530t, which appears to be the most popular. or the one from webelectric.com webelectrics says its for pusstangs, but im sure the plug can be clipped off and the technology copied for it to be used in the fiero or whatever vehicle its put into. these are just pricey for how many i need for both my cars.
DESTOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DESTOSClick Here to Email DESTOSSend a Private Message to DESTOSDirect Link to This Post
Oh man, I just remembered that I have some spare auto down modules for my Camry that I don't need!

I might play around and try installing them in the Fiero.
DESTOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DESTOSClick Here to Email DESTOSSend a Private Message to DESTOSDirect Link to This Post
Forget it....waaay too complicated for me.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Ok, send em my way

I will make them work one way or another.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
shiot, send me my way lol. Synthesis, i think we may hafta duke it out on pinks!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock