My poor Fiero by PineyCreek
Started on: 11-05-2007 11:54 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: PineyCreek on 11-06-2007 02:34 AM
PineyCreek

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
Well, the dream of a engine swap in the near future's pretty much over. I managed to lose control of the car and did a 360 into a wall. Driver side corner is damaged but wheels still turn (out of alignment), back wheel is pretty much gone when it slammed into the curb. Broke the rim, ben't the A arm in the back, tie rod, ball joint, etc. Fortunately the engine isn't damaged and I don't think the transaxle is either. Wheel still turns. I'm asking for any parts assistance or advice in regards to this (and a place to find a cheap stock honeycomb rim). I'll probably post pictures later.

Fiero means pride. Well, my pride's broken here.

Would also be nice if I could also get advice on the careful removal of parts here. I'm sure someone else has experienced a similar situation.

------------------
1986 SE V6, stock, auto, fastback. GT Trim and Body panels.

[This message has been edited by PineyCreek (edited 11-05-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but at least you are still hear to tell us about it. Post some pictures of the damage so we can see what you have to work with.

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 11-05-2007).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
there was a 88 in craig's list for $600. snag that and have a extra parts car! better hurry, I am thinking about getting it.....
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Piney
Try Aaron`s Wrecking yard on South Congress.
A while back they had about 3 or 4 Fieros
PineyCreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
@revin:

I have an 86...aren't the control and suspension systems different on the 88?

------------------

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
yes. you are corrrect
BUT
the 88 is a more favavorable model to have. better suspension, brakes, cradle( for swaps )

yes it is only a 4cyl. BUT a V6 or your choice would make it better!

so use the 86 as your parts car and build up the 88. I will help ya
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

revin

8684 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by TXGOOD:
Piney
Try Aaron`s Wrecking yard on South Congress.
A while back they had about 3 or 4 Fieros

Mike, quit giving out all of "our parts" places j/k
PineyCreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
Hey, is an 85 back end the same as the 86? I see a working 85 for 300.

------------------

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I would say the suspension is the same. I think the only difference is the wiring for the tailights.
PineyCreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
gaaaaaaaaah....this stinks. I have no doubt I can make it driveable again, but the paneling on the sides is cracked in teh front...and you know, that isn't metal that can be bent back into shape. Not to mention the paint. oh well, if I can get it drivable, at least I can enjoy it.

------------------

Wii Bird

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wii BirdClick Here to visit Wii Bird's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wii BirdDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear what happened.
Good Luck with everything!
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I don`t have any suspension parts but I have extra front fenders, door skins and 1/4 panels if you need any of that stuff. All in black.
Fog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FogSend a Private Message to FogDirect Link to This Post
Well, go to the u-pull-it and gather "new" rims, a-arms, shocks, etc. swap those out and get an alignment to "factory specs" and try to drive. If the car feels good, then you did not bend it and just upgrade suspension parts. Paint and other things is nothing.

OR You could go to some shop where they have the measuring thingie. Each car has certain "points" on the frame/body and those can be triangulated to see if the shell is straight.

If the shell is straight, save the fiero!
PineyCreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD:

Sent you a PM. Check and make sure you got it, web access went out on me for a sec I think.

------------------

PineyCreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post

PineyCreek

459 posts
Member since Sep 2007
Having a bloody hard time finding a honeycomb rear rim. I have another question though...were all the honeycomb rims 15" or were some 14" as well? I positively detest those 80's grand am looking rims and would like to avoid replacing mine if possible.

------------------

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
there is a thread on what other car rims fit the fiero. look into that! PT Cruiser fits off the top of my head.

give me a call and I will come take a look at it .
------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 11-06-2007).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2007 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
If you're talking about the stock wheel that came on the Fiero, commonly referred to as the "lace" center, then yes, they're the same for all Fieros that they came on, 15x7" with the same offset. The '88s rears are exactly the same as all four on the '86 and '87 other than color, in '88 they were only in black with the very rare optional gold color.

JazzMan
PineyCreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
Ok, got a look at the car with the wheel off, pictures later.

Damaged beyond hope of reasonable repair:

1. Lower control arm (with balljoint attached)
2. CV/driveaxle
3. Rim
4. Edge of the hood (better to just replace it)
5. Driver's side front fender
6. Front fascia (bumper)

How much do you think the wheel assembly at a junkyard would run?

------------------

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I think I have a hood too. But, the headlight covers are missing. I will check tomorrow.
BigB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBSend a Private Message to BigBDirect Link to This Post
I always thought that the 88 fiero rims were 15x8's on the back ...
PineyCreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
The headlight covers weren't damaged badly, but the hood around it is cracked and warped where the headlight on that side cannot come up. If you can find a hood in good condition it would be appreciated. The alternative is find a good junkyard part or buy one online.

@BigB:
15x7" I think actually. 4" hole if you're looking for rims...I think.
------------------

[This message has been edited by PineyCreek (edited 11-06-2007).]

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock