Duke IAC error code #35 by perceptionist
Started on: 11-04-2007 04:41 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: perceptionist on 11-05-2007 06:40 PM
perceptionist

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2007 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perceptionistSend a Private Message to perceptionistDirect Link to This Post
I have been getting this code for a while even before the rebuild. I went thru like 5 of these IAC units that I pulled from the pick & pull yard and got the same error one each one. What are the chances that all of these were bad? The symptom is wavering idle.

Could there be an issue with the circuit that activates the IAC? Either in the wiring or the ECM?

I would like to make sure before buying a brand new one only to get the same error.

[This message has been edited by perceptionist (edited 11-04-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2007 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Code 35 IAC does not necessarily mean you have a bad IAC. It probably means you have a vacuum leak. Are you idling high? Because a code 35 is thrown when when the idle speed is 50 RPM above or below the correct idle speed for more than 30 seconds. Check for bad vacuum hoses, a gunked up throttle body and IAC passage, or leaks around the intake manifold just to name a few.

Jim
perceptionist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perceptionistSend a Private Message to perceptionistDirect Link to This Post
Is there a throttle body rebuild kit available for these or is only a gasket required along with a good cleaning?
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Just the gasket and cleaning. You do have the thin gasket that goes on the IAC motor correct?
Also make sure the O-ring type seal is on the large pipe that goes into the bottom of the TB. It is the passage for the idle air into the lower intake. There should be a lig seal in the TB to seal to the black pipe and make sure the short rubber nipple that connects the other end of the pipe to the intake is not cracked or loose. These can be places for leaks also.
fierodeletre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodeletreSend a Private Message to fierodeletreDirect Link to This Post
Autozone sells a TBI rebuild kit with all the o-rings, gaskets and stuff you need, including stuff for the FPR and the Injector. 35 buckeroos. I second the vacuum leak witch hunt though. I rebuilt my TBI and most of the parts were spic and span.

------------------
1984 Fiero SE, White, first love, sold...
1986 Fiero SE 2M6, gold
1988 Fiero 2M4, the Fox
1987 Fiero GT, Blue, 3.4/4T40
Still looking for that perfect CJB 88 GT...

perceptionist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perceptionistSend a Private Message to perceptionistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierodeletre:

Autozone sells a TBI rebuild kit with all the o-rings, gaskets and stuff you need, including stuff for the FPR and the Injector. 35 buckeroos. I second the vacuum leak witch hunt though. I rebuilt my TBI and most of the parts were spic and span.

Awesome, I plan to pick one up today. I will also go over this thing for vacuum leaks as well although outside of the TB gasket and I believe nonexistent IAC gasket, I think I am good.

fierodeletre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodeletreSend a Private Message to fierodeletreDirect Link to This Post
yeah, these pukey dukes are sometimes more work than they're worth to smooth the wrinkles out of. Can't argue with the mileage though. I can't wait to fainlly do my eco swap in my 88 coupe. Best of both worlds, econo-sport.

------------------
1984 Fiero SE, White, first love, sold...
1986 Fiero SE 2M6, gold
1988 Fiero 2M4, the Fox
1987 Fiero GT, Blue, 3.4/4T40
Still looking for that perfect CJB 88 GT...

perceptionist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perceptionistSend a Private Message to perceptionistDirect Link to This Post
Well this 87 duke is my DD. I've no plans beyond the recent stock engine replace for a reliable commuter.

My real true love on the back burner is my 1988 GT 5 speed w/ T-tops (still cant believe I got my hands on one).

It currently has the stock 2.8 which is running great, so I will enjoy it until that gives out then consider my options.

The 87 4 cyl has been kinda what I experiment on to prepare me for what to expect when I decide to do any work on the GT, like cradle drops etc... (was too easy BTW)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock