Moddified side intake scoop (PICS) by 88 Silver Formula
Started on: 10-25-2007 09:25 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: 88 Silver Formula on 10-30-2007 07:25 PM
88 Silver Formula

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Ok so this is my first time EVER working with plastic, so i kept it VERY simple... dont expect any thing ..cool lol but i figured id post these pics up and start a small noobish build thread, so basically... i have alot of free time on my hands (well i work 40+hrs week) but there is free time anyway i had a spare side scoop laying around... so im doing some slight modifications to it.. no i dont care if anyone steals my idea or what ever, i have about 3 weeks of work into it already.. a little here and there, and im still looking for a paint that will do me justice..acually paint and fit is all im lacking now + i may add a "scoop" conector between the back of the scoop and the acual hole in the body to make for a cleaner transistion of air flow, remember i dont claim any power increses from this.. im just bored and trying out my plastic skills for the first time... heres my work thus far.... ok now to explane some of the pics.. , ok the first few (hopefully youve seen the inside of a stock fiero store scoop... has 2, 90* angles at the back, i removed these, then in later pics you can see where i rounded off all of the other 90*s, then i made a piece to replace the fiero pieve out of silicone white polymer plexi glass, i sanded it to perfection then clear coated it, then i stenciled on the logo that took me FOREVER to make, now i need to fill in the stencil with proper paint.. wanting to use black... any sugestions... i tried testors modle paint first... as you can see on a test piece..it didnt work FAIL! .. so anyway i test fitted my piece to show you how it will look... of corse the inside is smoother than a babys ass and theres no angles (other than the screw notch...cant do nothin bout that).. im open to ANY and ALL sugestions and comments!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice!!!
88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaDirect Link to This Post
TTT for the night shift.. i will be updating this thread freequently
88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaDirect Link to This Post
well ttt again.. donrt mean to be a ttt whore... but i dont wana loose this thread lol... i deleted all of thoes pics so i need to keep this in sight... i went paint shopping today with no luck... going to try again tomorrow..
pontiacking

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2007 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackingSend a Private Message to pontiackingDirect Link to This Post
Looks really nice man! Makes me want to go outside and do it to mine.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2007 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Looks cool, I never understood why they had that vent in the back that ruined the ram air.
88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2007 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaDirect Link to This Post
yeah that vent is usless, looks i guess, other than that its a wind trapper, i havent figured out a good way to take care of that yet, yeah went paint shopping today.. still didnt find anything.. cant get it done till i get paint!! ahhh paint is all thats left!!

after i get this one done i will have another spare fiero store side scoop to modify if i want.... let me know what you want, draw some pics, what do you want it to say? i only have one.. its hard work but if somone likes my work... i can do one more custom for your fiero, $$ depends on work/hours/suplies/shipping/quility after its done... whatch think? i told my self that i wouldent do that.. but ehh i have one spare... gota do something with it right?
88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2007 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaDirect Link to This Post
**** bout lost it lol, so do we have any one wanting a custom side scoop??? hmmmmmm???
88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaDirect Link to This Post
ok slight update, i think i finally found the right paintm its motorcraft black paint (i know ford on my pontiac....) but the damn lil bottel of touch up paint was $20 so it had better freking look good, now i just have to wait for the miss to paint it for me.... shes a VERY talanted graffic designer/artist... i still have a spare for 1 person? any buyers? i can make whatever you want...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock