Help-side vent removal by Maloso
Started on: 10-23-2007 06:41 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: josef644 on 10-24-2007 06:10 PM
Maloso

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoDirect Link to This Post
Need to replace the drivers side a/c vent on my 88GT but noticed that there is one screw hidden away on the side in order to remove the panel, anyone know the easiest way to get to it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
I think you have to pull the dash forward

I never put that screw back in for that reason. You may be able to use a small phillips driver and use a lot of inward force torwards the screw while trying to turn it.

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
Over 120 Fiero Links, Articles, Images, Diagnostics

"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

Maloso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the tip.
pontiacman63383

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacman63383Send a Private Message to pontiacman63383Direct Link to This Post
no you don’t have to pull the dash forward, you just have to remove the trim, the piece that is blocking it is actually behind another piece, you need to first remove the b-pillar trim (the piece behind you seat) to do that you need to pull back the cover where the seatbelt is bolted and remove the bolt that hold it in place I believe its a torx bit a t55 I think, after that’s unbolted start at the top and ply it way from the wall, it should just pop off, after that you can remove the trim piece that is in the way it too will just pop off when you pry on it, that will give you excess to the screws holding the side on and then just remove the two t15 torx screw on the front and it will be free.
Maloso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoDirect Link to This Post
Easier than messing with the dash...Thanks!
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
There are two little white plastic clips that hold the windshield trim piece on. They almost always break. The Fiero Store sells them still, couple of bucks each. Go ahead and order them, cause you are gonna need them.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock