Goin from a 4 to a 6cyl by Black86gtFastback
Started on: 10-21-2007 04:54 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Eclipse on 10-21-2007 05:38 PM
Black86gtFastback

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black86gtFastbackClick Here to visit Black86gtFastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to Black86gtFastbackDirect Link to This Post
i have an 86 gt and i am doin a frame swap to a 87 2m4. are ther any diferences in the wireing in the interior of the 2m4? besides the gt gages?and factory sub in the 86...

------------------
Tony

86 gt 3.3 5 speed
Just plain fun...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
The only wiring you should need to swap is the engine wiring harness. Or do you plan to swap over the headlight motors, A/C, etc also?

Since I did a 4cyl-to-V6 swap in an '87 Fiero, I can tell you about a few tweaks that need to be done in the engine compartment:

-- On the '87 fiero, the heater return hose goes to the passenger side coolant pipe instead of the water pump. So you'll need to replace the fitting on top of the V6 water pump with a plug.

-- The brake booster vacuum hoses are different sizes. On my car, the V6 brake booster hose was bigger than the hose nipple on the firewall. I ended up using a short piece of the 4cyl vacuum hose along with an adapter to make it fit.

-- You'll need to chop about 6" off the end of the driver's side coolant pipe.

-- And of course, you'll need a V6 fuel pump.

Since you're working with an '87 4cyl, there are a few things you DON'T need to do, unless you really want to. You won't need to transfer the entire fuel line assembly over to the '87 Fiero. The only part you'll need to transfer is the hard lines attached to the V6 fuel rail. Everything from there down to the tank is compatible with the V6. You don't need to swap out the fuel level sender assembly, either. The V6 fuel pump will plug right in.

I guess that was a little more than you asked for.
Eclipse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Do they both have power windows? I added doors with power windows to my 85 and custom made a wiring harness. I also swapped in a 2.8 and mated it to my 5 speed isuzu.

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay