needle removel by pontiacman63383
Started on: 10-19-2007 11:17 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: IMSA GT on 10-20-2007 09:54 PM
pontiacman63383

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacman63383Send a Private Message to pontiacman63383Direct Link to This Post
Ok so im going to order a set of aftermarket gauges for my 87 gt and I was wonder what is the best way to remove the needles on the gauges (and I know to be carefull because you can get them to read wrong if you put them back wrong not the question at hand) I just want to know the best way of doing it be it two screwdrivers or what, and some pictures would be great. thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfDirect Link to This Post
I've found that a fork works really well.
Firefighter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
I replaced my gauges with the Speedhut gauges a few years ago. I found that Hemostats work best. These are those surgical looking things used mostly by fisherman to remove fish hooks from fish they catch or their own fingers. I used them to put the needles back also. Light pressure holds the needles secured and straight

------------------

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
If you are talking about changing the gauge face, you only have to remove the center black cap that covers the needle. The faces should slide over the needles without removing them.....at least thats what mine did.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock