Started on: 10-17-2007 01:59 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: buddycraigg on 10-18-2007 01:18 PM
JohnF

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
As title says. Right front running/turn signal/parking light and right side marker light quit working when Parking light switch is "on" and when headlights are "on". I have WebElectric Daytime Running Lights installed. With ign switch "on", the left side illuminates bright element for running and the low power element of the right side bulb(not the bright element as it did before this problem) in the parking/turn signals. The bright element illuminates in both when the turn signal is activated. Marker light blinks as normal with turn signal activiated. I have replaced bulbs in both locations - no changes. I have checked fuses. No problems. I have checked wiring (?) and detect no problems.

Hazard warning lights works normally all 'round (including the right side marker). Oddly, though, the right side parking bulb flashes the dim element only - not the bright as on the left side.

Seems to me a ground problem. WebElectric module, maybe? Any suggestions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/085445.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLK6Vuiv_nw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FWsNwsJPUU

Kind of like this? I Cleaned the grounds on the inside of the fender, check to make sure the bulb socket is complete, check for resistance using an ohm-meter between the socket ground and the chassis. I replaced both bulbs and put in a new electronic type flasher. Jiggle the ground wire around a bit on the socket to make sure you have a good connection. Also make sure the wiring isn't twisted. Mine now works.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnF:
Seems to me a ground problem

you answered your own guestion
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
buddycraigg is correct
Joe
gem1138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Direct Link to This Post
I had the same thing happen the day I was going to get an inspection sticker of course.
I posted here and got the same advice but it turned out to just be corrosion on the contacts. I cleaned them and presto.
It appears that the socket for the front indicator/parking light was borrowed from another GM car and had the ground wire added as a modification to make it applicable to a plastic bodied car.
Also, my mechanic neighbor recommended that I apply some electrically conductive (electrolytic as opposed to dielectric) grease to the contacts but I have yet to find such a product readily available. Any suggestions are welcome on this issue of course.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gem1138:
Also, my mechanic neighbor recommended that I apply some electrically conductive (electrolytic as opposed to dielectric) grease to the contacts but I have yet to find such a product readily available. Any suggestions are welcome on this issue of course.

i dont recommend that. not only would the park and turn circuits be able to bleed in to each other. both circuits could just as well short to ground.
you might as well cut off the wires, strip back the insolation and twist them all together.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock