Reccomend me a fuel pump by toadson
Started on: 10-16-2007 03:11 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: darkhorizon on 10-17-2007 08:33 PM
toadson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toadsonSend a Private Message to toadsonDirect Link to This Post
So I want to replace the fuel pump on my 86 Fiero with a 90 Lumina 3.1 V6. Right now I'm running the pump from the Lumina, and due to hesitation issues, its time to just put a new one in. Does Walbro make a pump for my application, or am I going to have to look for another brand? I'm not going to buy one from Autozone, because their fuel pumps are junk and they want 80 bucks for it. I wouldnt mind spending 80 dollars for a good pump, but I'm not sure where to look for a 1990 Lumina fuel pump. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
www.TREperformance.com makes walbros for $80.

You could get away with the corvette pump or whatever loyde says is good for a 3800SC for cheap at autozone.
jeffndebrus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusDirect Link to This Post
Recently replaced our 4.9 fieros fuel pump with one from a turbo trans am. Nice upgrade--drop in part.

------------------
Proud Member of the North Florida Fiero club

4T60E Parks harness/ Rockcrawl chip-- more to come--

[This message has been edited by jeffndebrus (edited 10-16-2007).]

toadson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toadsonSend a Private Message to toadsonDirect Link to This Post
So my dad just told me we have a brand new fuel pump for a 98 fullsize chevy truck. I'm guessing the electrical connector is probably different, and it has a very small, extra line that comes out of it, but I'm wondering if I could make it work? I know these pumps are rated for way more PSI than I need, but would that even matter? If its possible to drop that pump in, I may very well do it tonight or tomorrow.
toadson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toadsonSend a Private Message to toadsonDirect Link to This Post
Nobody knows what the extra line could be for? I havent been able to find a good source of info about the chevy truck pump.
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
I believe the extra line is the fuel pump relief bleed line. On later model vehicles the pump comes as an enclosure assembly. The large housing has a check valve that prevents fuel from exiting the enclosure. The benefit is that on a very low tank the fuel pump is less likely to be starved as the return fuel along with any fuel that may have been blead off from some unknown excessive pressure instance is directed back into the enclosure maintaining a fuel level surrounding the pump higher than the level in the surrounding tank if it's low enough. I have a pump with the accessory line you are probably referring to and it is capable of quite a bit of pressure according to the specs I found on the Delphi site but must have deleted. It also feels heavier than the stock pump.
toadson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toadsonSend a Private Message to toadsonDirect Link to This Post
So it would be fine to run the pump as is? I thought it might be some sort of bleeder valve, but I wasn't exactly for sure.
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toadson:

So it would be fine to run the pump as is? I thought it might be some sort of bleeder valve, but I wasn't exactly for sure.

If you can get a proper pump screen for it and secure it I don't see a problem.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
The truck pump, is most likely an assembly canister type pump, if so, it may have a ventruli connector, that would make it unusable with a fiero sending unit.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock