SBC 305 by Tiny
Started on: 10-14-2007 11:55 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: rogergarrison on 10-14-2007 09:32 PM
Tiny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinyClick Here to visit Tiny's HomePageClick Here to Email TinySend a Private Message to TinyDirect Link to This Post
ok I need an honest opinion I found a 305 for cheap it was running when taken out of his truck its been sitting for a year and needs an intake and alternator. I need to know if this is a worthwhile find or would because its sitting for a year with no intake if its going to need extensive rebuilding?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ducattiman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanClick Here to Email ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
Eh all...

Now first off u will better off with another SBC with a 4 inch bore

Bore x Stroke 305 3.736 x3.484

302,327,350 all have 4 inch bore but different stroke

Sure they share alot of other parts,,,but the block with a 4"bore has cheaper pistons,,and more parts made for it....i am sure u can find a cheap 350 kicking around
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I do not know what you mean by cheap, but I would always shy away from used engines that you have not heard run - especially if they have been sitting opened up - you never know what has made its way into the engine.

If the engine was FREE and you run into issues while trying to install it, you will be out more $$ than starting with an engine you KNOW runs fine. If it is free, it still may have some good value depending on what parts it has - especially if it is has a roller cam engine.
Tiny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinyClick Here to visit Tiny's HomePageClick Here to Email TinySend a Private Message to TinyDirect Link to This Post
yeah thats kinda what I thought... the guy said he wanted a bigger motor in his truck and dropped in a 350 and had it kicking around his garage for the past year and just wants it gone. by cheap I mean $80
luckesc4vett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luckesc4vettSend a Private Message to luckesc4vettDirect Link to This Post
Dont go with the 305 they are junk.I put one in my 84 vett and man it had no power .The low end was good put the top end was dead.SAVE YOUR MONEY AND FIND A FOUR BOLD 350
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanClick Here to Email ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tiny:

the guy said he wanted a bigger motor in his truck and dropped in a 350 cheap I mean $80

Ok and why do u think he pulled the 305 out??

Also 80usd for the plus,plus how much for the archie v8 kit plus other things that will sky rocket the price for all of what?? 160-170hp

Tiny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinyClick Here to visit Tiny's HomePageClick Here to Email TinySend a Private Message to TinyDirect Link to This Post
kinda thought it wasn't worth my time... didn't know the 305 had such terrable Hp potential
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
305 is physically the same as a 350 on the outside. Why not go for the most bang. Only other small block Id consider other than the 350 is a good 327....they can turn some outrageous revs.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock