Started on: 10-06-2007 11:15 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: spc15tdime on 10-10-2007 12:21 AM
goatnipples2002

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Direct Link to This Post
What exactly has to be done to make them work? Pics would be helpful.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Check out "Fieroflyer" that is his screen name on this fourm. or click on this link

http://www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631

Joe

------------------

Street Legal Tuning.

Specializing in Fiero performance:
3800 swaps, custom Aluminum flywheels, Brakes, Engine's, Aftermarket Bolt on performance parts, used Fiero parts,
www.iactech.com e-mail: joetrentadue@hotmail.com

JumpStart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post
I believe you just need to cut the center pieces off and turn them for the bolt holes to match the GM 3800 head then weld them back on in that position.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I looked at the exhaust manifold pics and I'm not actually impressed. Sure they seem about equal length, but, they are really short. Anything under about 22" for primary gives you a good top end but nothing in the bottom. In fact, it is almost like running open shorties. I think I'd fab my own before I'd use those. Just my .02

Arn
goatnipples2002

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Direct Link to This Post
I know who fieroflyer is..... I just figured he would have posted. The length wasn't my primary concern it was the lack of a X-over i like. I was confused about what actually needed to be welded. My plan is to just run a Mustang manifold, stock manifold and dual glasspacks. When you have an m90 need to worry about low end.

[This message has been edited by goatnipples2002 (edited 10-07-2007).]

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I found no problems running the Mustang manifold. I used one on the firewall side, as stated the center port needs to be cut turned then welded back on to line up.
I ran 2.5" pipe from the manifold along the factory route under the engine where I "Y" the two sides together into a 3" inlet muffler.
The stock 3800 manifold was cut off just after the EGR pipe and sealed off by welding a piece of steel over the opening.
I have one sitting out in the garage that I can take some photos of if it will help explain every thing better. Dan
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
gee Arn if they dont give much bottom end i wonder how i was able to spank a 454 chevelle SS last night in my poor ole unable to breath at bottom end 3.8sc.....boy was the owner of that car pissed at me..lol...tim
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Well Tim I am glad to hear that lousy Mustang manifold I installed is not completely killing your bottom end power but at the same time I think racing your car does VIOLATE your warranty or is it only if you loose that your warranty is voided, never could figure that part out.
In all seriousness such a loss in bottom end would not be noticeable with a manual tranny, with an auto tranny it may be more of a concern. Dan
goatnipples2002

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Direct Link to This Post
I totally understand, but I'm sure others will search this subject for years to come, would you post some pics?

[This message has been edited by goatnipples2002 (edited 10-07-2007).]

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Finally got some time do dig out the Mustang manifolds. The passenger's side manifold is a lot easier to work with and clears the block better but does not clear the A/C compressor so it is no good on A/C equiped cars. This one has already been modified to fit the 3800SC engine.

The center port has been cut and turned to line up before being welded back on. I tried putting a white line across the weld to show where it was cut.

The driver's needs to be bent upward to clear the block and starter which is a lot more work but it will clear the A/C compressor ok. This one is stock still only the two outer ports have had the bolt holes elongated for the GM 3800 head. You can see how the center port does not line up with the mounting holes.

The stock trunk side (on Fiero) manifold actually flows quite well on its own so I reused it but cutting off the portion that would have fed the crossover pipe. You can't see it on this one but I first welded some smaller pipe inside to help with flow before sealing the end with a piece of plate steel. Dan

------------------

Signature compliments of F-I-E-R-O
2003 3800SC series II powered
www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631
www.photosled.com/showgallery/cat/1583

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post

FIEROFLYER

3974 posts
Member since Oct 2002
Oops I forgot the photo of the modofied GTP manifold. Dan

PFF
System Bot
spc15tdime

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spc15tdimeSend a Private Message to spc15tdimeDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, well I have a girlfriend wit ha 97 3.8l mustang that she keeps running into things, maybe she just need to hi something a little bigger so i can scrounge her headers

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock