Auto Trans Help by porkchop85
Started on: 09-26-2007 02:27 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Hudini on 09-26-2007 06:44 PM
porkchop85

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for porkchop85Send a Private Message to porkchop85Direct Link to This Post
Well I am working on getting my motors swapped. I blew something out of my 85 Gt Auto so I am swapping it with the motor that came out of my 85 GT 4 speed. I just got the motor off and I need to take the flywheel off but there is a dough nut looking thing. I see the bolts holding it on but I can't get a wrench on it. What can I do?

------------------
1985 Black Gt Auto
1985 Silver GT 4t65hd (SC3800)
1986 Gold 2m6 Auto
Hopefully I have room for one more!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rdean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdeanSend a Private Message to rdeanDirect Link to This Post
The bolts that hold the torque convertor are accesable after you take off the starter and dust shields. You have to rotate the crank shaft to get to all the bolts.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
You get to them one at a time by spinning the crank. Take the spark plugs out to make it easier to turn.

Here is the fun part. When you put it back together, place the torque converter on the transmission input shaft first. Then put the engine and trans together. Then as before, tighten one at a time by spinning the engine over. Much fun.

If you bolt the TC to the flexplate then try to mate the engine and trans, odds are it won't line up. The little splines get wedged on the input shaft for some reason. Don't ask how I found this out.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock