Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Need help, car won't start(video inside)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Need help, car won't start(video inside) by eph_kay
Started on: 09-23-2007 01:40 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: eph_kay on 09-23-2007 02:40 AM
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2007 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayDirect Link to This Post
This is my 3800 I have been working on, I had it running fine, but the transmission was leaking from the side cover and after taking the engine out and fixing that I got it back in and running, after my initial test drive some dirt that had built up in my overflow scared me into thinking I was leaking oil severely... after taking the supercharger off and removing the coolant out line I realized it was just a build up in my overflow... so I cleaned that and took it for a drive... stupid me didn't get enough coolant into the system so it overheated, to the best of my knowledge just down a hill from my house and wouldn't start, even a fiero is heavy when you are going up hill...

Anyway my first question, I had my comp programed by Fiero Flyer, but I later decided to take off the bbv and egr so I have the check engine always on, the whole time it was hot and my temp gauge is off, the temp idiot lite didn't go off, wouldn't the comp still know to que that light?

Now for the video, this is a video of me trying to start my car, the battery is at about 80% charge, and I have it on the charger, so I don't think it is that, but I just need somebody who has had some car experience to help me figure out what it is...

Chris
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2007 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayDirect Link to This Post
For now, solved, once it was charged to 100% it started right up... guess I need to buy a new battery...

Chris
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock