Oil and Trans cooler mounting by tampalinc
Started on: 09-21-2007 04:18 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Oreif on 09-21-2007 04:40 PM
tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for Oil and Trans cooler mounting ideas.
Right now I have the coolers (w/ fans) mounted underneath the deck lid vents. I am in the process of redoing my turbo setup to clean up the engine compartment and would like to find a different place to mount them to give the engine compartment a cleaner look.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
I have noticed some folks with side scoops mount them between the scoop and the frame behind the wheel well liner.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
I used a B&M supercooler for my auto trans when I had the 3.4L. I bought it from Jegs: http://www.jegs.com/webapp/...10001_10002_31950_-1
I mounted it behind the side scoop on the driver side. I now use it as an engine oil cooler with the V-8.
As a trans cooler it kept the trans temps down and very well regulated (minimal temp swings even during "spirited" driving on a road course)
I have not checked the actual temp now that it is being used as an oil cooler, But I have never had any heating issues with the V-8 for the past 2 years.

This thread has the drawings of the bracket I had made to mount it:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030819-2-033776.html

The bracket is universal so if you wanted to use the passenger side scoop area it would also fit there Or if you wanted to put a trans cooler on one side and an oil cooler on the other.

Here is what it looks like mounted in the car: (wheel well cover removed to show detail)

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

ZZ4 Powered !!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock