headlights by 86fiero-se
Started on: 09-21-2007 03:24 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: buddycraigg on 09-21-2007 11:44 PM
86fiero-se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fiero-seSend a Private Message to 86fiero-seDirect Link to This Post
my headlights wont go back down, what do i do to fix this??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Small town fool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Small town foolSend a Private Message to Small town foolDirect Link to This Post
If you have the 3 wire moter, the blue wire powers the moter down. With the headlight switch off you should have power there at all time. If not, you have a blown fuseable link or a bad cunection some where. If you have the 2 wire moter, I would point my finger at the control modual.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Small town fool:

If you have the 3 wire moter, the blue wire powers the moter down. With the headlight switch off you should have power there at all time. If not, you have a blown fuseable link or a bad cunection some where. If you have the 2 wire moter, I would point my finger at the control modual.

Translation. If you have a 86 or earlier you have relay controls and there should be power on the Dark blue/white wire.
If 87 or 88 there is a control module that can fail but looking at your id sounds like the gen1 system.

The power comes from the tail light fuse to close the lights. Are your tail lights working? Otherwise your isolation relay is not making to pass power to close. Try tapping the relay, it's located on the left fender next to the left headlight bucket. Or it might need to be replaced.

Since it sounds like both are not going down does not sound like the problem is the motors.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 09-21-2007).]

86fiero-se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fiero-seSend a Private Message to 86fiero-seDirect Link to This Post
okay great ill try that
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
isolation relay or headlight switch
86fiero-se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fiero-seSend a Private Message to 86fiero-seDirect Link to This Post
it turned out that i blew a fuse they work great now
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:
The power comes from the tail light fuse to close the lights. Are your tail lights working?

good call

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock