3800sc water/heater hose questions by Vladd
Started on: 09-17-2007 09:17 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Vladd on 09-19-2007 08:17 AM
Vladd

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VladdSend a Private Message to VladdDirect Link to This Post
ok to start with I'll be keeping the stock heater hose setup from the GTP engine, and i was thinking of going with hoses like these...

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/...0001_10002_119676_-1
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/...10001_10002_65416_-1

but I don't know what length's I'll need. Can anyone give me some help here?

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vladd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VladdSend a Private Message to VladdDirect Link to This Post
oh yea...86 car
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I run new hose all the way for the second heater hose and modify the hose fittings on the alt brkt of the 3800 to come off at a more usefull angle. Think there is a few photos in the link below my sig if not I can take one and put it up for you. Dan

------------------

Signature compliments of F-I-E-R-O
2003 3800SC series II powered
www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631
www.photosled.com/showgallery/cat/1583

Vladd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VladdSend a Private Message to VladdDirect Link to This Post
but any idea on the actual length of hoses that I'll need?
goatnipples2002

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Direct Link to This Post
It's alot easier to measure with a piece of wire. Every swap has its differences.

[This message has been edited by goatnipples2002 (edited 09-18-2007).]

ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyDirect Link to This Post
Goat is right.

I went and bought a few different part numbers people suggested and they didn't fit..

I wound up taking a coat hanger and bending it to the deisgn I needed.. autozone should let you go back and compare it to the different style hoses they have.
I'd just make sure it's all together when you do it.. You don't want to put it on and find out later your belt or exhaust manifolds/headers will hit it.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I used splicers out of old V6 coolant tube parts on my manual swap, it makes for easy install and tight running of coolant hoses.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
The hoses that Ryan at Sinister uses fit my 3800SC series III swap perfectly. They are Autozone numbers XL-183 (left) and Autozone XL-295 (right) While those ribbed stainless hoses look nice, I favor OEM style molded smooth rubber hoses as they flow better. For the heater hose you can use the 5/8" Goodyear heater hose that Autozone sells and just use a spring at the bend where it attaches to a hose nipple that fits into the hole that you tap with a 3/4NPT tap on the lower manifold (under the supercharger snout). If you have an 87 or 88 the heater hose return alreadt attaches to a T at the water pump inlet point so no hose is required there.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Vladd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VladdSend a Private Message to VladdDirect Link to This Post
that sucks, I think i'll chance it and order the hoses that fieroflyer recommends (i have his motor mounts) and if they don't work i'm not out the $100+ that the jegs hoses would have cost me.

I will only have one weekend to shove the engine in the fiero and get everything hooked up so i'd like to order everything ASAP and have it there ready.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vladd:

that sucks, I think i'll chance it and order the hoses that fieroflyer recommends (i have his motor mounts) and if they don't work i'm not out the $100+ that the jegs hoses would have cost me.

I will only have one weekend to shove the engine in the fiero and get everything hooked up so i'd like to order everything ASAP and have it there ready.

doing the whole swap in a weekend, is not the proper way to go about things. I have a feeling that if somthing goes even the slightest bit wrong, you will end up making unsafe or just stupid shortcuts.
Vladd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VladdSend a Private Message to VladdDirect Link to This Post
not doing the whole swap, last time i got the engine mounted tot he cradle and the engine bay prepped, next i just want to get the cradle mounted back in the fiero and the lines(water/fuel) hooked up so i can throw the decklid back on the car.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock